Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
there's a difference between kid friendly and toddler friendly! If we were on our own I'd do it but we're supposed to be spending time with BIL/SIL. Though BIL is a grad, don't think he's more than a casual follower.

Bruh. Half of the people that show up at these things have toddlers. Laura, who volunteers with them brings her toddler!

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Better go to an ISU game watch and meet @BoxsterCy and @jcyclonee

Not sure if Boxster does gamewatches anymore. Debating with myself whether I even like football anymore. TBD.

If the weather forecast didn't blow chunks for Saturday I'd be driving to Granite Falls to check out the WWII museum and maybe see some old warbirds fly. Planned it several times, weather sucks each time so cancelled. Thinking, again if weather doesn't blow, to maybe go to to Mt. Rushmore the next week. Never been there.

Last edited:
Reactions: wxman1

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That is super helpful on zoos. DH will be sad because he'd love to see more bears but free is nice and it sounds like nice gardens around which is good for stroller napping. I'm actually thinking about doing that zoo then trying to do Minnehaha Falls in the afternoon. He can nap in between and continue napping at that park. I need to check the weather too.
There's polar bears at the Como Park. They're even better than other bears because they move around all the time.

If I'm not mistaken, the food from the restaurant in the park shelter at Minnehaha Falls is actually pretty good. The restaurant is called Sea Salt. Figuring out which counter to order from was a bit confusing but the food was pretty good.

Reactions: cowgirl836

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You been peekin'???
giphy.gif

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
There's polar bears at the Como Park. They're even better than other bears because they move around all the time.

If I'm not mistaken, the food from the restaurant in the park shelter at Minnehaha Falls is actually pretty good. The restaurant is called Sea Salt. Figuring out which counter to order from was a bit confusing but the food was pretty good.

Sea Salt is on my list to try, thought it looked really good.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Not sure if Boxster does gamewatches anymore. Debating with myself whether I even like football anymore. TBD.

If the weather forecast didn't blow chunks for Saturday I'd be driving to Granite Falls to check out the WWII museum and maybe see some old warbirds fly. Planned it several times, weather sucks each time so cancelled. Thinking, again if weather doesn't blow, to maybe go to to Mt. Rushmore the next week. Never been there.
Do see Mt Rushmore and I'd recommend seeing it both during the day and at night.

While out there, be sure to drive through the Badlands and stop at a couple of the scenic stops. Be sure to drive the Needles Highway (at least the northern part of it the runs East and West) and stop to walk around Sylvan Lake. Be patient. Traffic is slow.

If you have time, the drive to Devil's Tower is worth it. It's such a unique thing plus you can picture the UFO's all landing there.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Do see Mt Rushmore and I'd recommend seeing it both during the day and at night.

While out there, be sure to drive through the Badlands and stop at a couple of the scenic stops. Be sure to drive the Needles Highway (at least the northern part of it the runs East and West) and stop to walk around Sylvan Lake. Be patient. Traffic is slow.

If you have time, the drive to Devil's Tower is worth it. It's such a unique thing plus you can picture the UFO's all landing there.
Traffic most likely won't be as bad as it's late September and school being back in session. There is so much to see in that area. Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse (only see it from the road, no reason to pay) Devils Tower, Custer State Park, The Badlands and of course one of the worlds greatest tourist traps, Wall Drug.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
MrsWx had a rough start to the day. First patient at 6:30 was having a heart attack and ended up coding several times. Turns out he had been having pains since midnight but didn't want to wake his wife. Guess who died in the cath lab?
I knew a man years ago that woke up in the middle of the night having a heart attack. Didn't want to disturb the family so he drove himself to the ER. Doctors were quite sure how the heck someone could actually do that.

My neighbor behind me has been taken away in an ambulance twice in the last month that I am aware of. The first time they took him out on a stretcher and moved him to the gurney. This last time he walked out on his own (assisted) and got onto the gurney.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I knew a man years ago that woke up in the middle of the night having a heart attack. Didn't want to disturb the family so he drove himself to the ER. Doctors were quite sure how the heck someone could actually do that.

My neighbor behind me has been taken away in an ambulance twice in the last month that I am aware of. The first time they took him out on a stretcher and moved him to the gurney. This last time he walked out on his own (assisted) and got onto the gurney.

I feel absolutely terrible for his wife and family. Was only 51 young but my dad had his at 42 so not out of the question at all.

FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT IS HOLY IF YOU HAVE CHEST PAINS GET YOUR ASS TO THE ER!

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: SaraV and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.