MLB: ***Official 2019 Milwaukee Brewers Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
What a streak we’ve gone on over the last 13 games, but we’ve gotta keep it going. Crew, Cards, and Cubs are going to be fun to watch down the stretch.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Right now....doesn't matter who wins between the Cards and Cubs, because either way benefits Milwaukee. Either a game closer to the division, or ahead in the wild card race. Great times!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Right now....doesn't matter who wins between the Cards and Cubs, because either way benefits Milwaukee. Either a game closer to the division, or ahead in the wild card race. Great times!
Yeah. Generally, I never, ever root for the Cards (still bitter about the '82 WS & 2011 NLCS). In this case, I'm not rooting for either the Cubs or Cards - I'm just casually watching to see how it all shakes out. My greatest hope is that we take care of business and that the other two beat up on each other which allows us to win the Central. BTW, hope Cain is okay - he left today's game with some ankle issues. We definitely do NOT need another injury!

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
My thoughts on whether I want cubs or cards to win is that I want them to split the rest of the way. Gives us cushion in wildcard and brings cards back to the pack...all of this said, we just have to keep winning and control what we can.
upload_2019-9-20_10-40-45.gif
(Replace swimming with winning)

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Pulling for you guys. You have the schedule to do it. You guys finish against my pitiful Rockies and I hope they lie down like they have the whole second half of the season.
If the positions were reversed, I'd likely be feeling the same way. Was hoping that you'd guys win the West (I cannot stand the Dodgers & the Rox are easy to root for).

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
My thoughts on whether I want cubs or cards to win is that I want them to split the rest of the way. Gives us cushion in wildcard and brings cards back to the pack...all of this said, we just have to keep winning and control what we can.
View attachment 66955
(Replace swimming with winning)
Just take of business against teams that are playing out the season, it won't matter who wins. Personally, your idea of the cubs and cards splitting is the best. Looks good for wildcard right now, but I would prefer another division title. Those one game playoffs by wildcards are nerve racking.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW! Just keep winning
Loved seeing Burnes back on the mound. A great "non-pressure" situation to help him get his confidence back. He looked really good to close out the game. I've also been impressed with Trent Grisham, Ben Gamel & Cory Spangenberg. They have filled in admirably due to injuries in the regular line-up.

• Agree

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
giphy.gif

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Back to back playoff appearances for the first time in 37 years (I was in high school at the time). Let's keep it rolling!!

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Nats have 3 against Cleveland, who is fighting for the last AL Wildcard spot.

Crew finishes at last place Rockies. Good chance the Wild Card comes home.

STL only 1.5 games ahead with 3 to go against Cubs. Small, but possible chance Crew gets the Braves instead of Nats>LA.

Awesome! Amazing, considering how things looks weeks ago.