JAMIE POLLARD: "Bold vision" led to ambitious development propsal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Pollard doesn’t seem to have any interest in stadium or Hilton concerts.

Stadium concerts went away when the carpet did (except for one in 1999).

Concerts have no interest in Hilton thanks to WFA.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since Jamie Pollard was hired a dozen years ago, he&#39;s increased ISU&#39;s Athletic Dept revenue from $32.4M to $88.8M. That 274% increase is the highest in the Big 12. <br><br>(OU 273%, TU 223%, WVU 205%, KSU 200%, Tech 180%, KU 167%, OSU 154%*, BU &amp; TCU not public)</p>&mdash; clonesjer (@clonesjer) <a href="">September 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I knew our revenew had increased dramatically since Pollard got here but had always assumed everyone else was pretty much increasing at the same rate so we weren't gaining much ground. Looks like i was wrong.

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
Stadium concerts went away when the carpet did (except for one in 1999).

Concerts have no interest in Hilton thanks to WFA.

I guess Hilton is done. Don’t see why the grass would be an issue. Wrigley Field is able to host multiple events during the baseball season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I guess Hilton is done. Don’t see why the grass would be an issue. Wrigley Field is able to host multiple events during the baseball season.

They've also had to re-sod the entire field at Wrigley (during Cubs road trips) because of those concerts. NFL venues, too.

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since Jamie Pollard was hired a dozen years ago, he&#39;s increased ISU&#39;s Athletic Dept revenue from $32.4M to $88.8M. That 274% increase is the highest in the Big 12. <br><br>(OU 273%, TU 223%, WVU 205%, KSU 200%, Tech 180%, KU 167%, OSU 154%*, BU &amp; TCU not public)</p>&mdash; clonesjer (@clonesjer) <a href="">September 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I knew our revenew had increased dramatically since Pollard got here but had always assumed everyone else was pretty much increasing at the same rate so we weren't gaining much ground. Looks like i was wrong.

Jamie’s the actual mayor

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
In my humble opinion, Jamie Pollard is a Visionary and a Builder, and that's just what ISU has needed since 1962 when I went to my first ISU @ Nebraska football game ...Way to go Jamie, you are truly the Greatest AD ever at ISU...

Reactions: cyfreddy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
don't get me wrong I love the vision but, being on a fixed income, crossing my fingers that I can take the hit and they don't price me out

You've taken so much CyCash from so many of us on the Betting Board. Can't you cash that in and make a nice contribution to the Cyclone Club?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This is what bold visions do

Blum on Twitter:
"Average attendance for home games:
2010: Iowa 70,585 Iowa State: 45,395
2019: Iowa 65,556 Iowa State: 59,794
Before the inevitable response, yes, in I'm aware Iowa won the Football game again this year."

Putting winning teams on the field and pushing into the Des Moines market has made all the difference in the world in attendence. What worries me is if we continue to have success, then we end up with a parking problem in the future. We saw this year how difficult parking was when the grass lots were closed for the non donor fan, or the young couple just taking in a game or two.
Lets hope with the next round of ticket increases and donations that we do not start pricing the little guy and families out of going to games.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Putting winning teams on the field and pushing into the Des Moines market has made all the difference in the world in attendence. What worries me is if we continue to have success, then we end up with a parking problem in the future. We saw this year how difficult parking was when the grass lots were closed for the non donor fan, or the young couple just taking in a game or two.
Lets hope with the next round of ticket increases and donations that we do not start pricing the little guy and families out of going to games.

I feel like this can also easily be addressed with designated shuttles.

We parked north of Lincoln Way in the lots near the power plant for every game after the UNI game (parked in Vet Med). Had to park off Osborn for the Iowa game.
It was about a 20-30 minute walk.
There is a CyRide that goes by there, but drops off on Lincoln Way, so doesn't save much walking time.
They could set up a shuttle that picks up near there and drops off at S 4th/Beach Street.

Honestly, if I don't spring for a parking pass next year, I'll plan to park in these lots again next year. The cost is definitely right (free).