Beer Money Sign guy donating it all to UI Stead Family Hospital

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
That’s smart. Most of them don’t even care. It’s pathetic. Last time I went to an Iowa game I started the wave but then left the stadium, sold my ticket, my car and my clothes and went into the hospital and gave them all the money.
Change your username loser. Stop pretending to be an ISU fan.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
The national publicity that Carson has generated has buried the poorly written press release.

That is worth my $20

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Donate it to the construction workers that aren’t getting paid for their work. EIU are a bunch of a holes.

The workers got paid. The dispute is with the companies. Few BIG projects, like the construction of a hospital, do not have these problems.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
at first i was kinda disappointed he didn't donate the money to Blank Children's Hospital due to ISU's affiliation, but....did you guys/gals know that the MRI suite at Stead Family Children's Hospital was heavily funded by ISU's Dance Marathon? UI's Dance Marathon, OTOH, paid for a good chunk of the two machines themselves. i think it's really cool they complemented each other like that.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
at first i was kinda disappointed he didn't donate the money to Blank Children's Hospital due to ISU's affiliation, but....did you guys/gals know that the MRI suite at Stead Family Children's Hospital was heavily funded by ISU's Dance Marathon? UI's Dance Marathon, OTOH, paid for a good chunk of the two machines themselves. i think it's really cool they complemented each other like that.
I think I read that Carson had been part of Dance Marathon

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Great story except for the hawk fans claiming they're the one's responsible... because stead family hospital. Everywhere i read about this it shows pictures of the Iowa wave, kinnick stadium, hawk fans, and then hawk fans commenting on articles claiming this is a hawkeye thing.

I honestly don't know.. is the guy who started it an Iowa State or Iowa fan?

Not that it really matters. I just assumed initially it was an Iowa State thing.
upload_2019-9-19_12-52-22.jpeg

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
My niece was born with a club foot so my brother spent many weekends driving to iowa city for treatment. She would get upset whenever they drove past kinnick.
We are fortunate to have a facility like this in iowa. When they were getting treatment they were told stories of kids with a club foot who went to iowa city after other places massively screwed up, some beyond repair.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I gave $20. I figure that's what a case of Busch Light costs.

I like the "Iowa State fans do more than wave" angle.

• Actually Helping Farmers
  • Actually Helping Sick Kids

Because Iowa fans don't donate to the hospital?

Making this gesture about the rivalry is beyond childish. It's a great thing for him to do, which is why Iowa State's and UNI's Dance Marathons also forward their received donations to the hospital. It's not about the rivalry.

Now if you want to argue that an Iowa fan wouldn't be smart enough to come up with such a clever sign for Gameday, that's a different matter.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Waving doesn't, maybe buying the tshirt does. I'd like to welcome you and Patrick Riley as our newest Hawk trolls.

Quite the group of dweebs we've accumulated on here.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY