ISU (-20.5) opening line vs. Louisiana-Monroe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
I think ISU is going to surprise some people and cover. I saw enough yesterday to think ISU is better than the results so far have indicated. At some point it's got to come together. ISU plays its best game up to this point and cruises something like 38-13 to head into conference play on a high note and give the fans a little confidence booster.

Reactions: aauummm

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wow.... that's insanely high. Tempted to bet my retirement savings on ULM. CMC hardly ever puts his foot on the throat of any opponent, much less a pretty decent one.

Unless you're Pat Mahommes

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
That is a crazy line! I do not gamble, but I do follow football nationally, I expect Iowa State to win, but I'm fairly certain ULM + 20.5 is easy money. Let's Go State! Prove me wrong! :)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We should win this game. However, if we would have beat Iowa, we would lose this game. That is just what we do and we are damn good at it. Pull this big win, then lose the next week to nobody State. However, with the Iowa loss we should be able to win this.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Iowa State hasn’t scored 20 points in regulation in either game. Now there is a 20 point line on a game against a team rated higher than UNI?

UNI is better. ULM is 5 spots higher is Sagarin simply on the difference of playing Florida State versus playing Southern Utah.

ISU rolls. 35-10.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I think ISU is going to surprise some people and cover. I saw enough yesterday to think ISU is better than the results so far have indicated. At some point it's got to come together. ISU plays its best game up to this point and cruises something like 38-13 to head into conference play on a high note and give the fans a little confidence booster.

This offense clearly can put a few plays together to suggest they could put up a number like 38, but there's no evidence to say they won't kill most of those drives via penalties or other mistakes, which they can't do to be scoring 5+ touchdowns.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I predict the tailgating lots will look like a ghost town compared to last week 3 hours before the game. I am salty that last Saturday was such a **** show. #Justanothergame

• Funny
Reactions: AlaCyclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
UNI is better. ULM is 5 spots higher is Sagarin simply on the difference of playing Florida State versus playing Southern Utah.

ISU rolls. 35-10.
The difference in ULM and UNI would have to be vast to lead to that score.
Presuming we get ahead, we’re going to shorten the game. It’s likely going to take defensive TDs to cover imo.

We’re not going to play ULM like they’re OU. They’re is some merit to practicing what you need to do in those games now, but hopefully it’s after we get a cushion rather than pillow fighting our way to a one possession game in which a relatively small number of mistakes are fatal.