The infamous holding call

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It was a trash call but the grounding call against Stanley was pretty bad IMO so it probably evens out.

Nobody to blame but ourselves in this one.

What are you talking about? The ball didn’t get past the LOS.. pretty easy to see..was obvious grounding call. There is no questioning that call.. the ball has to cross the LOS of under duress..

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What are you talking about? The ball didn’t get past the LOS.. pretty easy to see..was obvious grounding call. There is no questioning that call.. the ball has to cross the LOS of under duress..

LOS is pros. College doesn’t care. College says a receiver has to be in the area.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It was a trash call but the grounding call against Stanley was pretty bad IMO so it probably evens out.

Nobody to blame but ourselves in this one.

He threw the ball to a lineman, there was no receiver in the area.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Missed calls are part of the game and happen on both sides the whole game. But if people are still making gifs, the missed call that frustrated me the most in the whole game was on Iowa’s 3rd FG drive they threw a screen to that Goodson who got like 15 yards and they missed a crackback block against whoever #3 is that would have put Iowa into a huge hole. The call is new so I don’t even blame the crew for missing it. But of course those UNI refs didn’t.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Link to what I heard on a radio interview while back in the early 90s while in college before the internet really happened? You’ve followed gonzo into troll land today.

Besides, believe what you want, I don’t really care. Many hawk fans seem to forget that Mac was there for many of Frys years when he talks about how wrapped up in the game fry was.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Link to what I heard on a radio interview while back in the early 90s while in college before the internet really happened? You’ve followed gonzo into troll land today.

Besides, believe what you want, I don’t really care. Many hawk fans seem to forget that Mac was there for many of Frys years when he talks about how wrapped up in the game fry was.
Nevr heard him say it was ISU's Super Bowl but if you say you heard it I'll take you at your word....

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nevr heard him say it was ISU's Super Bowl but if you say you heard it I'll take you at your word....

I was at a banking conference either Macs first or second year at ISU. Mac was the lunch speaker. He told us that Hayden had plaques on every coaches desk that said beat state. He also said it was Hayden’s intention to get ISU to drop a class to AA or 2 because Hayden didn’t feel that Iowa could support 2 D1 programs and it made it harder on The hawks to be successful. That is why he never let off the gas in any game and would always belittle ISU. Mac also said that fry called and and strongly suggested for him not to take the ISU job.

I’m over the game and it doesn’t bother me we lost. I know I will just listen to the local hawk fans around here yap for the next few weeks and tell them good job on winning the game and they will always end with, too bad on losing your Super Bowl. It’s a very insufferable group that ties too much of their lives to an athletic team that they have never played for or ever had season tickets to. Heck outside of that, they talk non stop about their HS football days. They are 30-50 year old men that have never mentally left HS.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Missed calls are part of the game and happen on both sides the whole game. But if people are still making gifs, the missed call that frustrated me the most in the whole game was on Iowa’s 3rd FG drive they threw a screen to that Goodson who got like 15 yards and they missed a crackback block against whoever #3 is that would have put Iowa into a huge hole. The call is new so I don’t even blame the crew for missing it. But of course those UNI refs didn’t.

Both Sides? Don’t recall any missed calls going in favor of Iowa State.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Was gonna get the score on my license plates.

Next year.

BTW if you can type 'canx' how hard it is to type two more letters (cancel)?
Because it doesn’t mean cancel. It means cancel exercise.cancel doesn’t convey all.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Hey dex....the holding call does look questionable, but that's not the one I thought they just whiffed on. What did you think of the helmet to helmet that wasn't even flagged. I have seen players dq'd for less. Didn't know if I was missing something or that a defensive player leading with his helmet and hitting the offensive player on the crown of his helmet is no longer considered targeting.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Hey dex....the holding call does look questionable, but that's not the one I thought they just whiffed on. What did you think of the helmet to helmet that wasn't even flagged. I have seen players dq'd for less. Didn't know if I was missing something or that a defensive player leading with his helmet and hitting the offensive player on the crown of his helmet is no longer considered targeting.
When I saw that, player ducked head to make it H2H, and then no flag, I said "I don't understand H2H rules".

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK