The infamous holding call

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We basically got flagged because Epenesa got dominated. Dude is way overrated and we now see why he was not an every down DE last year.
UNI’s DEs were better. I’ll leave it those that watch Big 10 football to know if that’s his normal play.
Honestly, it feels like we lost to UNI

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue and GTO

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wouldn't be ranked without that holding call most likely. ISU runs the clock down and kicks the game winning field goal

Of course, there's the fact that it was 4th and 13 to begin with which was on ISU. And 4th and 13 2.0 was a long developing play instead trying to get what's there.

The hold call is worth questioning but didn't define the game, but why is this in the ISR forum?

• Useful
Reactions: alarson

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Of course, there's the fact that it was 4th and 13 to begin with which was on ISU. And 4th and 13 2.0 was a long developing play instead trying to get what's there.

The hold call is worth questioning but didn't define the game, but why is this in the ISR forum?

Mods please move this to the football forum

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
A total officiating failure. I haven't seen it yet myself but I'm told that our guys were set for quite awhile on the play where they were called for not being set for a full second. I'd also be curious to see the hands to the face call.

I'm the last person to claim an officiating conspiracy - I'm more than satisfied chalking it up to basic incompetence - but you start to wonder. Iowa got call after call when they needed one.
or lack of a call too, the 3rd and 22 officials missed any obvious hold on on one of our D-lineman.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
We lost the game outselves, absolutely, but to call that hold is unacceptable. It wasn’t even close to being holding. Not to mention they completely missed Enyi being egregiously held on Iowa’s 3rd and 22.

or lack of a call too, the 3rd and 22 officials missed any obvious hold on on one of our D-lineman.

There wasn't a hold on 3rd and 22.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/it-is-still-a-hawkeye-state.250581/page-23#post-6803778

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron