Last game ISU played well

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
When is the last time this team really put things together and played well? I would say going back to Texas last year this team has not played a game anywhere near their full potential and have a 3-3 record. There have been plenty of games like yesterday where they dominated in lots of areas but either lost or barely beat an inferior opponent. I hope they really put it to La Monroe. This team needs to remember what it's like to completely dominate a game.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Winning is all that matters, don’t care how ugly it looks. I remember Fred’s last basketball team they were down constantly in a lot of games but they almost always managed to pull them out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Winning is all that matters, don’t care how ugly it looks. I remember Fred’s last basketball team they were down constantly in a lot of games but they almost always managed to pull them out.

Haha, that's kind of a tough example...that was a team that screwed up just when it looked like things were coming together.

Give me a team that can take care of things when it's needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Haha, that's kind of a tough example...that was a team that screwed up just when it looked like things were coming together.

Give me a team that can take care of things when it's needed.
That’s true, but winning 26 games or whatever they did was still a good season. I do understand though that definitely was an example that didn’t end the season well

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It ended bad with chemistry and a bad egg or 2, but that was still a great team.
That team was fun and all, but they underachieved even with 26 wins.

Still, this football team isn't even winning. Like I said, .500 over their last 6 games. You can't try to scrape by every game and expect to win a lot. Their has to be some no doubt ass whoopins in there.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
When is the last time this team really put things together and played well? I would say going back to Texas last year this team has not played a game anywhere near their full potential and have a 3-3 record. There have been plenty of games like yesterday where they dominated in lots of areas but either lost or barely beat an inferior opponent. I hope they really put it to La Monroe. This team needs to remember what it's like to completely dominate a game.
6 straight games losing the turnover battle.

When the staff is making comments alluding to having a thin margin for error against UNI, I doubt we’ll ever see anything else but this. The objective is to create a thin margin, as though every team is OU. When we cannot, we’ll have the Ok ST type games, which leave us wondering why we insist on putting the game in the hands of awful special teams and constipated offense.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Still, this football team isn't even winning. Like I said, .500 over their last 6 games. You can't try to scrape by every game and expect to win a lot. Their has to be some no doubt ass whoopins in there.
Of those 3 losses, one was Texas who late last year was playing at a level where we just didn’t stand a chance. Washington State was 11-2 and a really sound team. We definitely should have beat Iowa though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Last night should have neen an ass kicking.

It was my fault. I called for them to finish it on the drive that should have ended in a 21-6 lead and it was all downhill from there.

• Agree
Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Of those 3 losses, one was Texas who late last year was playing at a level where we just didn’t stand a chance. Washington State was 11-2 and a really sound team. We definitely should have beat Iowa though.
Of those three wins, two are nail-biters to FCS opponents, and a near miraculous fourth quarter comeback at home against a mediocre KSU team. Of those three losses, two of which we generally handled the opponent and should have won.

Yeah, we’ve been worse, but we’re clearly pissing away the chance of great seasons by making everything a struggle in which we’re generally dependent on talent overcoming our miscues.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We should have beat Washington St too. That was just like the Iowa and UNI game. Dominated but didn't make plays when it counted.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Of those three wins, two are nail-biters to FCS opponents, and a near miraculous fourth quarter comeback at home against a mediocre KSU team. Of those three losses, two of which we generally handled the opponent and should have won.

Yeah, we’ve been worse, but we’re clearly pissing away the chance of great seasons by making everything a struggle in which we’re generally dependent on talent overcoming our miscues.

I put zero weight into that drake game. Those conditions were horrific.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I put zero weight into that drake game. Those conditions were horrific.
For both teams.

Sure, in a one game sample you blame the weather. Unfortunately we have a larger sample that indicates the weather angle is overplayed and the struggle fits. In essence we try to make every game a bad weather game, so the degradation in play likely wasn’t as great as hoped.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We should have beat Washington St too. That was just like the Iowa and UNI game. Dominated but didn't make plays when it counted.

Offensive philosophy or tactic seems to be one culprit.

There will be a string of plays where ISU is getting quick yards and in rhythm and then there's some weird misdirection to the weak side or a long developing play that has no purpose to throw everything off.