All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Ah yeah I think that was in response to the posts about BTN Bus Tour Stop guys during the Iowa visit being less than impressed. At least that's the way it sounded from the posts here. So it would've been "reported" by the BTN crew visiting IC. From what was being said here about it, anyways.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Or being or not being benched in situations could be because of injury concerns or specific plays but go ahead.

Yes, I’m sure CMC had been working on a package of plays for Kempt all week in practice, just in case they ran into trouble against a non-scholarship FCS team. C’mon man, you’re better than that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yes, I’m sure CMC had been working on a package of plays for Kempt all week in practice, just in case they ran into trouble against a non-scholarship FCS team. C’mon man, you’re better than that.
I've seen Re-al practice on the sidelines during games what appears to be package plays.

You're definitely not better than this.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
To be clear I do think bad weather plays a factor, throwing into 40-50 mph winds is crazy. There were several here who didn't think it was an excuse though. I know it couldn't have been just because it was a hok QB.

But in a stadium like Kinnick, the wind isn't blowing 40-50 MPH down on the field.

• Disagree
Reactions: iahawks

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
I didn't bring up Kempt.

Let me slow this down for you.

Purdy was benched against Drake, and Kyle Kempt was inserted in his place. You suggested that it might have been for Kempt to run particular plays, and I pointed out that it is unlikely CMC would install package plays for Kempt against an FCS team. You then responded that CMC has installed a package of plays for Re-al Mitchell which, based on the context of our conversation up to this point, suggests that you think it is possible that CMC would do the same for Kempt.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY and IASTATE07

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
But in a stadium like Kinnick, the wind isn't blowing 40-50 MPH down on the field.

The wind in Kinnick gets pretty bad because of the open corners. Pretty much every game where it is even moderately windy the announcers talk about how difficult it makes kicking because the wind is swirling all over the place.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and JP4CY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The wind in Kinnick gets pretty bad because of the open corners. Pretty much every game where it is even moderately windy the announcers talk about how difficult it makes kicking because the wind is swirling all over the place.

LOL Jack Trice says hold my beer!

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Beth Mowins is really smart

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Let me slow this down for you.

Purdy was benched against Drake, and Kyle Kempt was inserted in his place. You suggested that it might have been for Kempt to run particular plays, and I pointed out that it is unlikely CMC would install package plays for Kempt against an FCS team. You then responded that CMC has installed a package of plays for Re-al Mitchell which, based on the context of our conversation up to this point, suggests that you think it is possible that CMC would do the same for Kempt.
I never once suggested anything about Kempt. I never typed the word Kempt.
I also never said CMC has installed a package of plays for Re-al. I said he's warmed up on the sidelines in what appears to be package plays.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's from all the booing.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
I never once suggested anything about Kempt. I never typed the word Kempt.
I also never said CMC has installed a package of plays for Re-al. I said he's warmed up on the sidelines in what appears to be package plays.

You didn’t have to mention Kempt’s name because it was inferred, unless you didn’t know that Kempt was the player who replaced Purdy when he was benched. You suggested that Purdy didn’t get benched, but rather was replaced by another QB for “specific plays.” If you weren’t talking about Kempt replacing Purdy, then what in the world were you talking about?

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and JP4CY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree for the most part because it always seems like JTS is in a wind tunnel, but last year's Maryland game in Kinnick was extremely windy.

The south end zone project helped Jack Trice a lot. Prior to that it didn't matter what direction the wind was blowing from, the whole place turned into a wind tunnel.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So you think 25-30 mph sustained winds and 50 mph gusts in IC wouldn't affect QB play in Kinnick?

The wind didn't effect every single aspect of the game. The conditions in Ames did... I love how you guys are still trying to make the Drake game a thing...