New Entrance Song

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I would bet a large amount of money that this is just a song that will play when the teams are warming up. The video before the team comes out of the locker room will be some sort of rock song, and then the song that will play when the team walks from the locker room to the field with be POWER by Kanye (which I personally love).

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
lol I just will never be able to get into a rap song about football. So corny. Just put on a popular rap song and call it good
Are you calling this corny?
giphy.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I would bet a large amount of money that this is just a song that will play when the teams are warming up. The video before the team comes out of the locker room will be some sort of rock song, and then the song that will play when the team walks from the locker room to the field with be POWER by Kanye (which I personally love).
Yep. Sort of like when the high school pep band would play Sweet Georgia Brown while our team was shooting layups.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I like it but not as an entrance song and I question if that is really what this is intended to be. OP - Are you sure you heard that right? You want fans clapping and making noise and this song doesn't even have a constant beat to keep people clapping in anytype of rhythm.
I missed the complete segment on Murph and Andy and started listening part way through. I guess I thought it was the new entrance song, but I very well could be wrong.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I guess my thought was this song was either going to be the 'tunnel' song or a song that would play during warmups. I don't know that it's suppose to be THE entrance song.

BUT I do like it!

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
they said it would be pregame so not sure its official intro song but they worked with JP and athletics department on this so its a for sure thing for pregame in JTS.

They made a great point on the radio that this is not for the 50 year old white guy in the stands... this stuff is targeted towards the players and students. It was really cool to hear from the artist how much appreciation they have for ISU and JP to give them this platform. always cool to see community supporting community. Another win for the Cyclones!

Yo—The 50 year old male in the stands grew up on NWA, Tupac, and Public Enemy.

unless they are referring to the corny lyrics. That would be Vanilla Ice.

• Agree
Reactions: pulse and Macloney

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Whether it's an official entrance song or not, I can dig it. Cool move by JP and the athletic department to commission local talent for a few new ISU tracks, and talent that is working for a good cause. https://www.willkeeps.com/about/.

As for entrance music in general, it's rather meaningless. I don't say that in regard to the fan base's love/hate of the particular chosen song. It's just that in the moment, in the gameday atmosphere, an entrance song in JTS is largely inaudible by anyone in the stands.

A song will start playing, then crowd noise and weather sirens drown it out, you'll still hear something resembling a bass line before pyrotechnics explode (out of sync with any part of the entrance song) and the team runs onto the field with the marching band blasting the fight song at a completely different tempo than the entrance song. It's all a rather hot mess of a sequence.

tl;dr: JP should hire the Super Bowl's halftime show director, and require the team, band, and stadium A/V team to rehearse their entrance after every practice. :jimlad:

• Funny
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron