****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
Where's Baylor?

I thought they were the perceived threat?

He took an OV there in June so I dont think he can take another one this soon.

They are working to set up an in home with Baylor sometime this fall though.

D

Deleted member 8507

Where's Baylor?

I thought they were the perceived threat?
New NCAA rules is one official visit per rolling 12 month period. XF went on an official to Baylor this spring so can't do one this fall.

• Informative
Reactions: Rural

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
New NCAA rules is one official visit per rolling 12 month period. XF went on an official to Baylor this spring so can't do one this fall.

So will his visit to ISU on Labor Day weekend be an unofficial? If your post is right he couldnt take another OV to ISU since he took one in October of 2018 for the West VA game.

D

Deleted member 8507

So will his visit to ISU on Labor Day weekend be an unofficial? If your post is right he couldnt take another OV to ISU since he took one in October of 2018 for the West VA game.
Well, maybe I didn't read something right so I went to look it up. This official site is less than helpful on this aspect. https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibility-center/recruiting-rules/official-visits

I don't know. I know I read it in an article at the time of the rule change because the article outlined how a player could do an official their junior year and again their senior year but not a spring/fall timing (like Baylor).

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Yes it will have to be unofficial. Have to wait a full 12 months between officials to the same school.

• Informative
Reactions: BLHawk

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yes it will have to be unofficial. Have to wait a full 12 months between officials to the same school.

Meaning if he is still uncommitted after all these visits ISU could bring him in for another official right before the timeline he is kind of giving for his commitment (Novemberish)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Meaning if he is still uncommitted after all these visits ISU could bring him in for another official right before the timeline he is kind of giving for his commitment (Novemberish)
Also meaning they could bring him back in for his OV in late October after he commits to ISU, too.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Iowa State is getting an unofficial visit (though I assume that is just due to distance like MN unOV) from Ben Carlson one of 6 he has scheduled. I haven't seen much activity with Ben and ISU recently getting a visit is a good sign Prohm is still squarely in the mix.

Carlson sits as one of the top prospects from Minnesota and will visit the local Richard Pitino’s program on Thursday, a trip that will take place in the unofficial variety. The next day, August 30, Carlson will begin his first official visit to Xavier.

On September 7, Carlson will visit Wisconsin in the official variety before heading back onto the road the following weekend, September 14, where he will head to Purdue. Each remain in need of a frontcourt addition in the 2020 class which could be notched by Carlson.

September 24, Carlson will visit Iowa State, though the trip will be in the unofficial variety; he does expect to spend two full days in Ames. To complete the month, Carlson will head outside of his region for the first time and is expected to be on Stanford’s campus during the weekend of September 27.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...orward-ben-carlson-schedules-a-bevy-of-visits

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
This thread is now 2 years old. Might be time to create separate threads for Foster and Carlson given how busy they will be over the next several weeks.