Miami vs Florida

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
That was fun game. I'd be terrified if I was a fan of either team.

Love the celebration by the QB who threw an INT when all they had to do was burn time.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Meanwhile there’s a couple dozen Hawaii fans at a game where they got a power school to come to them.

• Funny
Reactions: AlaCyclone

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Thought the first 3 quarters these refs were absolute jokes. Then saw the head official, followed by talk of it being a Big 12 crew.

At least the nation got to see the **** show this conference deals with year in and year out.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I want people to roll video of that UF Miami game when people claim the power rankings can't be right when they have The Big 12 as #1 or #2 in the country with so few NFL draft picks. I get it is the first game of the season, but that UF-Miami game had plenty of NFL talent yet that was a ******* game. Totally undisciplined and sloppy. If Franks is your QB I don't see how you can be a top 10 team. Williams showed some toughness vs a good UF pass rush, but he did not have a good feel for the rush at all.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Arizona has just had 3 false starts in a row on what was a 38yrd FG, now a 4th and 27 53yrd FG. that he drilled anyway.

ISU4evertrue

Jun 15, 2019
I personally am glad Miami lost, but I don't like either team, (or conference). The bottom line for me is I'm an Iowa State fan. If Miami had won, they would've jumped us in the polls, and ISU wouldn't have leapfrogged Florida.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I want people to roll video of that UF Miami game when people claim the power rankings can't be right when they have The Big 12 as #1 or #2 in the country with so few NFL draft picks. I get it is the first game of the season, but that UF-Miami game had plenty of NFL talent yet that was a ******* game. Totally undisciplined and sloppy. If Franks is your QB I don't see how you can be a top 10 team. Williams showed some toughness vs a good UF pass rush, but he did not have a good feel for the rush at all.

Franks looks like a head case at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and JP4CY

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I personally am glad Miami lost, but I don't like either team, (or conference). The bottom line for me is I'm an Iowa State fan. If Miami had won, they would've jumped us in the polls, and ISU wouldn't have leapfrogged Florida.
Right On! Fans of a ranked team think differently of a team not ranked. Cyclones need to think logically instead of emotionally now. Not that it matters much in the long run, as the wheat will be separated from the chaff soon enough. Like my wife says: "It sucks not being ranked!" lol

Personally, I enjoyed the game. I went to High School in Orlando, but I am not die-hard fan of any of the Florida Teams. Don't dislike any of them either. When I was in High School, the UM-UF series was particularly snarky (Miami was ascending under Schnellenberger, and UF (pre-Spurrier days) was still going though life with "The Arrogance of Notre Dame and the History of Wake Forest" attitude (to quote Dan Jenkins, IIRC).

So, I enjoyed watching the packed house at the Citrus Bowl with a Bowl Game atmosphere, although I know it must have been hotter than Hell in the stadium. Guess I'll find out this week, as I am heading to Jax to watch the Boise State-FSU game with my Seminole brother (instead of the UNI @ Iowa State game). Not sure what to expect after the Seminole disaster of last year, but it will be fun to be back in a football stadium!

Will have to wait until 9/14 for my Jack Trice Stadium Homecoming! Barring horrible weather, I do not plan on missing any other Cyclone home games this season.

Let's Go State!

Last edited:
Reactions: JP4CY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah and his fascination with barking at the crowd was really dumb.
I'm sure he's got a chip on his shoulder from being booed, but he just isn't that good.

Had juuuuuust a bit of Jacob Park feel to all of it without the arm talent.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY