NFL: Andrew Luck RETIRING

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Bizarre timing, and one of the strangest deals I’ve seen. News breaks on Twitter during the colts pre-season game. Fans in the stands are shocked, and the news travels to the sidelines during the game.

That is really strange. What was he/whomever decided to break the news thinking doing it at that point? In the middle of a game?

Something weird happened here.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
He's a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer that won't be because he simply couldn't stay healthy. I don't blame him at all - if I were injured all the time I'd want to quit as well. Has to suck being in pain all the time. To me the only shocking thing is he's doing this two weeks before the season starts. The Colts are effed.
Tank for Tua.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It is disgusting how many sports talking heads on Twitter are saying he's basically a *****. Doug Gottlieb and Dan Dakich tweets are awful in my opinion. Not that anyone should be surprised coming from those two asshats I guess

Just checked out Dakich's...it reads very 'loud'.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That is really strange. What was he/whomever decided to break the news thinking doing it at that point? In the middle of a game?

Something weird happened here.

Gotta imagine he had already told the Colts and someone that was not supposed to talk to the media let it slip. Especially with the wording of Luck informs the Colts that he's going to retire. This has to have come from the team.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Not only an All-Pro, but one of the nicest guys in the game.
Not sure what to think about Colts fans booing him as he left the field for the last time.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
It is disgusting how many sports talking heads on Twitter are saying he's basically a *****. Doug Gottlieb and Dan Dakich tweets are awful in my opinion. Not that anyone should be surprised coming from those two asshats I guess

Put some of them in here. I don't do the twitter.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
WOW! Glad my fantasy league has not drafted yet because he's been the the 5th QB drafted on average in some drafts and some fantasy "experts" had him as a breakout QB this year with an improved OL