Where's Leech?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Makes sense. With all the stuff Leech has gone through lately, redshirting him seems like the best option. (If Bolton is eligible.)

I know people on here refuse to admit that a redshirt can be a good thing and that it isn’t done in basketball, this situation is different. You have a player with a ton of upsize who is still recovering from a serious injury and was away from the team for a month. He’s so gifted offensively that I’d hate to waste a year of Leech if he’s not going to play and it seems like he’s fallen behind. It could benefit Leech and Iowa State in the long run if he redshirts.

A bit premature to reach any conclusions re: his current abilities. Seemed like he played well in summer league. Assuming his playing doesn't aggravate his injury, if he is a better player than others on the team, then why red shirt him? Any PT he gets will only improve his game/confidence going forward.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
A bit premature to reach any conclusions re: his current abilities. Seemed like he played well in summer league. Assuming his playing doesn't aggravate his injury, if he is a better player than others on the team, then why red shirt him? Any PT he gets will only improve his game/confidence going forward.
I think he’s good enough to contribute right now. I’m just saying that if he’s not going to play, I’d redshirt him. I think offensively, he can help us.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I think he’s good enough to contribute right now. I’m just saying that if he’s not going to play, I’d redshirt him. I think offensively, he can help us.

If Leech can play decent D he will see the court this year due to his raw offensive talent we saw in CapCity

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
If Leech can play decent D he will see the court this year due to his raw offensive talent we saw in CapCity

Also pending his leg is fully healed. He broke it by simply pushing off for a dunk. He had pushed himself through micro fractures. He'll truly be great someday, but not sure what it will take to get him 100% healthy.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Also pending his leg is fully healed. He broke it by simply pushing off for a dunk. He had pushed himself through micro fractures. He'll truly be great someday, but not sure what it will take to get him 100% healthy.
Didn't Prohm say that he was healthy - the only reason he didn't play in Italy was the clearinghouse issues?

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Didn't Prohm say that he was healthy - the only reason he didn't play in Italy was the clearinghouse issues?

He did, but if you saw the video that spoke of how the injury happened, makes you wonder how you make sure such a thing doesn't happen again.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He did, but if you saw the video that spoke of how the injury happened, makes you wonder how you make sure such a thing doesn't happen again.
My daughter tore her ACL. They got to the bottom of what was making her susceptible to the injury and are working on those issues in PT. I'm sure they have looked at his bone issues and are working on them. They are probably looking at the warning signs that he played through as well. Sometimes athletes don't listen to their bodies when they should.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Well, I think you try to make sure that you don't have stress fractures (I think that's what weakened it to the point where that could happen).

Can you have stress fractures without pain? I honestly don’t know.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Can you have stress fractures without pain? I honestly don’t know.
My experience with them is that they ache more than they are excruciating, I stress fractured my foot and had it booted just so it would heal more so than the prevent pain. Just took Advil. That being said they don't heal unless you take weight off whatever is stressed

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride