WNBA: Bridget Carleton and general WNBA stuff

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And she is back in the game (briefly)

Cool!

Just checked and she is on the bench tonight. Playing the Dallas right now with Gustafson on their bench. Lynx only have five game left in the season, outside of a playoff berth right now.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Be cool if she could work out a contract and play so close!

Only getting a look for a few games but can't hurt her to get practice and maybe show the coaches something. IMHO, the practices will be more important than a couple minutes at the end of a game. Playing here in the Twin Cities would be very cool for us Cyclone fans.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Will likely get some playoff experience. Probably not a lot of playing time, but at least she will be around the circus that the playoffs bring.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Cool. Was kinda waiting for this since it was somewhat expected. Three more regular season games left, Sept 8 at LA is on ESPN2.
I was really hoping they would draft her in the first place. Hopefully they keep her around for next year. Can help sell tickets to Iowa State fans if nothing else but I think she can contribute.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was really hoping they would draft her in the first place. Hopefully they keep her around for next year. Can help sell tickets to Iowa State fans if nothing else but I think she can contribute.

Saw Bridget Carleton tonight at an ISU Foundation reception in Mpls. Jamie Pollard was there and presented Bridget with her ISU Woman's Athlete of the Year award since she couldn't be in Ames last week to receive it at the football game. Would be super cool if she could catch on with the Lynx next year. We can never have too many cool young alumni here in the Twin Cities.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Related to above posts, I got the picture below from the ISU Foundation, same event AD is pictured at in previous post. They had a digital "photo booth" at the event. Pictured with Bridget are Michelle Coady and Julie Blake who played for ISU in the late 1970's on some of our very first teams.

Also have some pics of these WBB alumnae with some random old fan guy but nobody wants to see that! :rolleyes:

Michelle_Bridget_Julie_small.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY