MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Go back and look through any older Cubs thread, I was consistently one of the most optimistic posters about the Cubs chances in 2016 and in the years prior. I was all in on the Cubs future in 2014 when the optimism was warranted. I've only been "negative" when it's warranted too. Who was the first one to tell people there was something wrong with Jason Heyward? And I was right on that too, early in 2016.

The same people on here that are so over the top about the Cubs moving to 11 games over .500 in Aug will be the ones freaking out the most about Cubs losses later on this year.
Wow, that was the longest I think you have gone between posts slamming Heyward. Good job.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Go back and look through any older Cubs thread, I was consistently one of the most optimistic posters about the Cubs chances in 2016 and in the years prior. I was all in on the Cubs future in 2014 when the optimism was warranted. I've only been "negative" when it's warranted too. Who was the first one to tell people there was something wrong with Jason Heyward? And I was right on that too, early in 2016.

The same people on here that are so over the top about the Cubs moving to 11 games over .500 in Aug will be the ones freaking out the most about Cubs losses later on this year.
What are you trying to accomplish with all your shitposting? The cubs don't have people in the organization scouring the internet looking advice from fans.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

No ****. We’re on a forum called Cyclone Fanatic. We celebrate the good, get pissed with the bad.

I’m isucubswin, king of meltdowns. I will undoubtedly freak out at dumb losses, look at last week.

But I’m not going to pretend like the world is going to hell. It’s baseball, you’re going to win games, you’re going to lose games.

And yes. We had no second baseman, no center fielder, starting pitchers hit the IL with no true replacement, a ton of bullpen injuries, and were 11 games over .500, in going to celebrate.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
No ****. We’re on a forum called Cyclone Fanatic. We celebrate the good, get pissed with the bad.

I’m isucubswin, king of meltdowns. I will undoubtedly freak out at dumb losses, look at last week.

But I’m not going to pretend like the world is going to hell. It’s baseball, you’re going to win games, you’re going to lose games.

And yes. We had no second baseman, no center fielder, starting pitchers hit the IL with no true replacement, a ton of bullpen injuries, and were 11 games over .500, in going to celebrate.

So what’s your problem? Post however you want. I think someone alternating between how terrible the team is and how great the team is is annoying but I don’t care if they post here. I’m just not going to agree when people are posting dumb ****. You can try to call me out in the short term and that’s fine, then you’ll see in the long term that I’m right. That’s how it usually works on here

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
So what’s your problem? Post however you want. I think someone alternating between how terrible the team is and how great the team is is annoying but I don’t care if they post here. I’m just not going to agree when people are posting dumb ****. You can try to call me out in the short term and that’s fine, then you’ll see in the long term that I’m right. That’s how it usually works on here

Do you stand by Castellanos being a platoon player?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I think Joe might be out by Memorial Day with the way this is going, which sucks, there’s not a better manager out there, but the front office needs a scapegoat.

It won’t be Girardi who replaces him though, it will be someone who’s good with running out the front offices lineup each day and plays things pretty much entirely based on analytics.

He’s right a lot, you guys

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Bottom line, Theo and Jed failed to build a franchise that was both successful and sustainable.

I got blasted for saying it then, but I still believe that trading for Q to deplete our farm system was a terrible decision.

If things are like this in June, I certainly hope Heyward, Happ, Bote, Zagunis, Descalso, Hamels, Morrow, Edwards, etc...are traded away for guys who can provide help on the mound next year.

Wow look at this one..,failed to build a sustainable franchise hahahhaha

And depleting the farm system.. who cares bro? Right?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

This is what many of these same people did with football pre Campbell. They ignored a lot of reality, and convinced themselves that Iowa state was going to surprise people when they were picked 10th.

Then when they lost they turned hard. Madden is an easy scapegoat for this year.

Where else will they turn? Who is the next guy to be the reason they didn’t win?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron