Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
LOL at how ******* stupid this forum gets. If Stanley had the same stats playing for Iowa State, he would enter the season as the all-time leader in career TD, would have the top 2 TD seasons in school history. He’d be 4th in career yardage and on pace to easily finish top 2. I’ll take Purdy all day, but to act like Stanley sucks is just being ignorant. He fits their offensive scheme really well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL at how ******* stupid this forum gets. If Stanley had the same stats playing for Iowa State, he would enter the season as the all-time leader in career TD, would have the top 2 TD seasons in school history. He’d be 4th in career yardage and on pace to easily finish top 2. I’ll take Purdy all day, but to act like Stanley sucks is just being ignorant. He fits their offensive scheme really well.

He's rated outside the top 50 for QB in college football for a reason and he really doesn't fit their offensive scheme at all. Kirk's had the most success with mobile QB

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Why is he on so many watchlists then?
It's more of a lifetime achievement. He's going to set a bunch of Iowa's all time records this year. Not so much because he's the best in history, but because Iowa somehow hasn't found anyone good enough to replace him in four years. Wow!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I mean Stanley in rated the 51st best QB in college football for a reason. He's just not very good

Yet the local media gets off to talking about him on watch lists and an NFL future...bleh

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
Did you know Iowa and ISU play each other?
Yep and the last time they played isu scored a whopping 3 points. Would they be able to do the same against a real defense like Mississippi State?

Hey since isu fans think Stanley sucks so bad maybe you can tell us why he had the highest QBR rating of all the QB’s Mississippi State faced last year? No I get it we don’t want clone fans to face reality. QBR is to be used only when it comes it Purdy for certain games.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Can you imagine isu against a real defense like Iowa’s? Maybe you could score 3 points against Mississippi State.

Can you imagine going on a rival's message board and creating a username directly intending to depict a negative correlation with that rival, and spending a bunch of time on that board contributing nothing?

I mean, what kind of POS does that?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Stanley is an okay QB, unless teams get pressure on him. If you look at his stats as a whole he looks pretty good, but if you break the games down he really struggled against the better teams they played.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yet the local media gets off to talking about him on watch lists and an NFL future...bleh
When the Jets were interested in hiring Todd McShay, and knowing what Todd's evaluation of Nate was, all I could think of is how "Jets of a move that would be."

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Leave it to isu fans to post a clip of a game where Stanley owned them in.

Yikes.

ISU's defense was terrible that day. What does that have to do with Iowa's defense?

Leave it to Hok fans to create a username with direct intent to belligerently put negative connotations with a rival's board. Impressive and talk about yikes.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yep and the last time they played isu scored a whopping 3 points. Would they be able to do the same against a real defense like Mississippi State?

Hey since isu fans think Stanley sucks so bad maybe you can tell us why he had the highest QBR rating of all the QB’s Mississippi State faced last year? No I get it we don’t want clone fans to face reality. QBR is to be used only when it comes it Purdy for certain games.
What about Penn State. He was one of the best they faced last year, right?