INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If it was bad news they (CW, Hines, etc.) would be out to soften the blow. It it's good news they'll be silent until after the school announces it.

If your interpretation is correct, then...

-- either CW and crew know it is good news and are keeping mum to let the program say it

-- the NCAA has not issued a ruling yet

...so it is either good or neutral, but at least not bad.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If your interpretation is correct, then...

-- either CW and crew know it is good news and are keeping mum to let the program say it

-- the NCAA has not issued a ruling yet

...so it is either good or neutral, but at least not bad.
Or CW is passed out in that new Viking bar he keeps clamoring about and can’t announce it

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Hines said on his podcast today that the message board reports are false and that no word has come back from the NCAA yet. He said he talked with about 4 sources in the program.

He did say that the NCAA had requested additional documentation, which I view as a good sign.
Doesn't have near double digit sources, unreliable.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hines said on his podcast today that the message board reports are false and that no word has come back from the NCAA yet. He said he talked with about 4 sources in the program.

He did say that the NCAA had requested additional documentation, which I view as a good sign.
Translation from the NCAA: hmmm ISU has a good argument here and clearly is abiding by all the rules we have set forth. Let’s make them produce more documentation so we can find something in there that will allow us to say no.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I’m sure there will be a big announcement at the ISU party on the plaza tonight. Or not.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I don’t think I’ve ever slept more than 30 minutes on a plane. Hate it.

I have flown a lot in my career and find I often am awake as the plane pulls onto the runway, but fall asleep during takeoff, then wake up again when the bell dings as they hit 10K feet.
There is a former Vietnam prisoner of war, Charlie Plumb, that speaks publicly and tells a story about a lady on a flight that was terrified and said she hates the moment the brakes come off and the plane goes ripping down the runway shaking then takes off. After he pulled her fingernails out of his arm she asked why he wasn't nervous. He said I love flying, especially that moment the brakes come off...

Reactions: jcyclonee

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
that "other" site wouldnt know insider info on there wedding night

Pretty funny, this being posted in a CF thread titled INSIDER: that started in May where the OP states "My guess though is that we'll know in 3-4 weeks but definitely by the end of June."

Reactions: SolarGarlic

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
This **** is just absolutely ridiculous. He is either eligible or he isn't. Wtf is there to think about that could take so long? Iowa doesn't even know if their football player is eligible and they start in 6 days. It is a complete joke that these decisions take this long.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This sh$t is just absolutely ridiculous. He is either eligible or he isn't. Wtf is there to think about that could take so long? Iowa doesn't even know if their football player is eligible and they start in 6 days. It is a complete joke that these decisions take this long.

The NCAA has always been about taking care of the rich. Blue bloods get the best answers in short order, because the NCAA doesn't even pretend to think about not serving them. The rest of the schools are used to make it look like they are carefully weighing all the pros and cons.