Vet Med RV Lot Parking

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Just wanted to ask the community the details of parking in the vet med lot. How much does it cost? When can you check in and check out? Are there kybos available? Our popup does not have a bathroom. Any other information I may need would be great. Thinking about trying this a couple time this year. We will see. Thank you all for the help.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Well if your up this early every day I would think you could get a spot.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I believe the vet med lot opens at 5 pm the day before kickoff for RVs. I think its $40 for RVs but not possitive. Never parked there, so I cant answer the other questions.

I would think for the UNI game and Iowa game you may want to be there when the lot opens to help make sure you will have a spot.

Edit: just looked at the RV parking rules. $40, lot opens at 530 the day before, They stop letting people in at midnight and start again 6 hours before kickoff, and Need to be out by noon the next day. They dont have power or water hookups.

I believe Haunted forest allows RVs the day before too but I dont know any specifics.

Last edited:

cykee05

Jul 21, 2017
Just wanted to ask the community the details of parking in the vet med lot. How much does it cost? When can you check in and check out? Are there kybos available? Our popup does not have a bathroom. Any other information I may need would be great. Thinking about trying this a couple time this year. We will see. Thank you all for the help.
They do have kybos available in G8, I cannot speak for the others as I have not parked in them.

steveocy

Jun 19, 2006
I work at VetMed. In the past they have always had kybos. So far this year only the dumpsters have been placed, no kybos yet, but I don't I have seen them out at any of the grass lots either.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
$40. It opens Friday 5pm. Last three years always had port-o-johns.

Not sure if you can come and go (just your truck or whatever right)? I know they will let a tow behind in the donor RV lots come and go Friday night (and Saturday AM if not yet busy). Keep your pass!

You can stay till Sunday AM.

Iowa game will be different than all other games. You will park in the way back and on the grass for the Iowa game. Most other games you can park on the pavement.

Its a great spot.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Used to own a RV and we'd try to go up the night before to park at Vet Med when we could so you can stake out prime spots. After we got rid of ours we still would park up there since they were pretty generous with letting you park wherever you wanted and beside the Iowa game wouldn't mind if you took and extra stall to save or use to setup stuff in. But last year they must of had an increase of RV and buses because that was pretty much all they allowed to park on the paved part of the lot and they forced cars into the grass areas and dictated where you could park and how much space you could take up so I would guess with a record number of season tickets sold this year that lot is going to be really packed early in the season now. The sooner you get there the better chance you'll have to get a decent spot. Plenty of kybos in that lot so you are covered there.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Used to own a RV and we'd try to go up the night before to park at Vet Med when we could so you can stake out prime spots. After we got rid of ours we still would park up there since they were pretty generous with letting you park wherever you wanted and beside the Iowa game wouldn't mind if you took and extra stall to save or use to setup stuff in. But last year they must of had an increase of RV and buses because that was pretty much all they allowed to park on the paved part of the lot and they forced cars into the grass areas and dictated where you could park and how much space you could take up so I would guess with a record number of season tickets sold this year that lot is going to be really packed early in the season now. The sooner you get there the better chance you'll have to get a decent spot. Plenty of kybos in that lot so you are covered there.

Also with C1 and C2 now being for donors it will force quite a few people into different options.

And they are called port-a-potties.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We moved over to G4/G5 after the first couple games last year and I think we are done dealing with VetMed. Used to be a hidden gem for parking that you could get in/out of quickly and get a good setup for tailgate but the influx of RVs and buses last year obviously isn't going to make that lot any less crowded this year I'm sure. Worked out really well for us in the past because if we had people coming later than when we first setup no one would bother us about saving a couple parking spaces next to us so they could park right next to us even a couple hours later but those days are over now I'm sure. They were parking them in pretty tight there last year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron