Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Dropped my wife off at Des Moines International this morning for a trip to New York to bring our daughter back for college. The flight to Chicago with a layover was cancelled an hour and a half before takeoff. (bad weather in Chicago) They had a flight to Charlotte to New York, so she got on this. Charlotte is a cluster #### and flights to New York are cancelled for tonight. She can get on a flight to Columbus at midnight and maybe get to New York by noon. I told her she might as well get on AmTrak and be there by 9. From Omaha to Newark was a direct flight, and only 4 hours.:rolleyes:

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Dropped my wife off at Des Moines International this morning for a trip to New York to bring our daughter back for college. The flight to Chicago with a layover was cancelled an hour and a half before takeoff. (bad weather in Chicago) They had a flight to Charlotte to New York, so she got on this. Charlotte is a cluster #### and flights to New York are cancelled for tonight. She can get on a flight to Columbus at midnight and maybe get to New York by noon. I told her she might as well get on AmTrak and be there by 9. From Omaha to Newark was a direct flight, and only 4 hours.:rolleyes:
$150 on Amtrak.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

yep and early enough its about $280 round trip

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Called at midnight and made Columbus, but dodged storms to get there. Now on standby till noon and might get into New York by 2.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The last three times I've flown out of Charlotte there has been a bad storm that has sent the airport into a ********. Didn't get back until 2 AM two of the times and 12:30 A the other time. The airport (and city) has grown by leaps and bounds and is now the 6th busiest in the country. I'm sure lots of growing pains.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Your daughter is in college? Did the wife just want to be with her, does the daughter need assistance with flying, or is there something else? Wondering why the wife is flying out to bring her back.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The last three times I've flown out of Charlotte there has been a bad storm that has sent the airport into a ********. Didn't get back until 2 AM two of the times and 12:30 A the other time. The airport (and city) has grown by leaps and bounds and is now the 6th busiest in the country. I'm sure lots of growing pains.
When my Mom and Dad flew back from Colorado Springs they had to go through Charlotte to get to Roanoke. They got stuck overnight in Charlotte due to weather as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron