2020 Football Targets

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Updated class ranking is #33 but #50 by average player rating.

Long snapper Koby Hathcock (#1 LS in the country) is rated .7903, the next lowest commit is rated .8356. If you take him out, ISU's average player rating jumps from .8515 to .8547, good for #43 by average.

I have to say that I wouldn’t worry too much about our guys ranking in this class. If you look I don’t think we have had a class where we have beaten out more other legitimate schools for a good number of our recruits. And when rating and the other teams pursing a guy don’t line up I usually side with the coaches over the services.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have to say that I wouldn’t worry too much about our guys ranking in this class. If you look I don’t think we have had a class where we have beaten out more other legitimate schools for a good number of our recruits. And when rating and the other teams pursing a guy don’t line up I usually side with the coaches over the services.
Yes, rankings are subjective. In this case, Nate was simply giving us a view of where we’re at through the same subjective lens as everyone else. Simply for comparison’s sake.

The higher you go up the list, the more redundant the talent those rankings reflect becomes. You think that the guys committed to Alabama will have the same impact they would at ISU? Not a snowball’s chance.

Reactions: Crookedhatkid

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Profile Updates:

ISU High Interest:
WDE Geri Theodore
DT Latrell Bankston

Warm:
RB Isaiah Jacobs: Oklahoma State
WDE Geri Theodore: UCF
SDE Xavier Carlton: Oregon