Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Ya let’s not go Randy Pete over this.

tumblr_mwjhtjsmg81qedb29o1_500.gif

Actually randy's article on this game was the best coverage.

I am pretty sure he just cribbed stuff from the game thread on here.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
That was short 2 players. Plus wasn't sure how good Illinois was this year.
Still not even comparable to the Cap City League. Plus our coaching staff is there instructing them. IF you watched the game, you'd know Lewis looked good. He's developed into a nice slasher/cutter who can get to the basket and knock down a decent % from 3.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Prohm said there would be some lineup changes tomorrow, and I'm interested to see if Lewis is inserted for Bolton.
I wouldn't be surprised if Leech plays over someone tomorrow. Prohm may have decided that trying to play 11-12 guys is just too much to let them get into a rythm. He played mostly 2 different 5 man lineups in game one with 10 players seeing the bulk of the minutes. Luke Anderson got in for a little bit but it wasn't enough to get into the flow of the game. I could see Leech and Anderson playing more and maybe Grill and Griffin or Lewis sitting out a game. He's also talked about resting Haliburton so that's a possibility as well. Let Jackson and Nixon switch off at the 1.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Cydkar and LLCoolCY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Or for Jacobson. For a smaller lineup.

I think Haliburton and Jacobson are going to get backed down -- you know what you have with each of them, and some rest/reduced chance of injury would be a good idea.

I think you kind of have to ride with Bolton at this point, hoping he will eventually be eligible. I would like to see Lewis or Griffin at the 4 with a bruiser center like Young.

I would like to see Leech get a chance, even if only in a small dose.

• Agree
Reactions: ProhmDate

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Still not even comparable to the Cap City League. Plus our coaching staff is there instructing them. IF you watched the game, you'd know Lewis looked good. He's developed into a nice slasher/cutter who can get to the basket and knock down a decent % from 3.

Yea, but can he guard anybody?

• Useful
Reactions: ComCY

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Leech plays over someone tomorrow. Prohm may have decided that trying to play 11-12 guys is just too much to let them get into a rythm. He played mostly 2 different 5 man lineups in game one with 10 players seeing the bulk of the minutes. Luke Anderson got in for a little bit but it wasn't enough to get into the flow of the game. I could see Leech and Anderson playing more and maybe Grill and Griffin or Lewis sitting out a game. He's also talked about resting Haliburton so that's a possibility as well. Let Jackson and Nixon switch off at the 1.

I doubt you see much Leech for awhile.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think Haliburton and Jacobson are going to get backed down -- you know what you have with each of them, and some rest/reduced chance of injury would be a good idea.

I think you kind of have to ride with Bolton at this point, hoping he will eventually be eligible. I would like to see Lewis or Griffin at the 4 with a bruiser center like Young.

I would like to see Leech get a chance, even if only in a small dose.
Well, I have no info but, yes, on Haliburton because his body needs to recover from the U19 World Cup and the Nike BB camp. But I wonder if they want to give MJ more reps at the 4 to evaluation whether playing 2 bigs is viable. Just my speculation.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was encouraged by what I saw on Tuesday. I would still be really careful making comparisons between these teams by the transitive property.
Not applying the transitive property. Someone referred to the Netherlands team as "an inferior opponent" equating it to a Cap City League game. Just pointing out that this was no Cap City level team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron