MBB team's schedule on Italy trip next week

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just an FYI .... ISU says it will be tweeting out information on streams if they are available. We'll keep you guys updated on that too.

Tues., Aug. 13 – Noon (CT) - vs. Netherlands National “B” Team

Thurs., Aug. 15 – Noon (CT) – vs. Siena All-Stars

Sat., Aug. 17 – Noon (CT) – vs. Ivory Coast National Team

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
They leave tomorrow correct? Will TH be back from the skills camp to make the trip with them?

I would assume, or other arrangements would be made. Prohm was already talking about limiting TH's minutes due to his heavy basketball schedule this summer. So the staff is planning on him being on the trip.
Honestly, giving TH some games off maybe for the best to get Bolton, Grill, and Jackson extra minutes together and seeing how their games mesh. I have no concern with Haliburton fitting in come November not playing these 3 games.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Just please - nobody injured!
From our last Euro tour I remember the box scores won't mean much since these games are about as competitive as shirts-skins game at State Gym - seriously, some of these teams our equip managers could beat. So, just don't get anybody injured!

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Close, but not going to work out to see the guys play. We are in Rome. Leave for Florence on Monday. So we will miss by a couple days. First time we have traveled to Europe and Italy. Mrs. Best can cross another thing off her bucket list. I am a homebody and that is probably not going to change. Do wish the team safe travels and good luck.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
There's so many teams on trips, I wish we could just scrimmage other colleges while we're there.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Our first opponent beat Illinois today.

Yikes. And it was the "B" team ?@#?

https://www.news-gazette.com/sports...cle_0c5eadbe-bbb9-11e9-b83e-274383954f1c.html

"...llinois trailed after two quarters Saturday against the Netherlands National B Team — the first deficit halftime deficit in its foreign tour of Italy — and couldn't mount enough of a comeback in the 82-72 loss in Rome. The Illini outscored Netherlands in the fourth quarter, but fell just short in finishing their tour schedule with a 3-1 record...."

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yikes. And it was the "B" team ?@#?

https://www.news-gazette.com/sports...cle_0c5eadbe-bbb9-11e9-b83e-274383954f1c.html

"...llinois trailed after two quarters Saturday against the Netherlands National B Team — the first deficit halftime deficit in its foreign tour of Italy — and couldn't mount enough of a comeback in the 82-72 loss in Rome. The Illini outscored Netherlands in the fourth quarter, but fell just short in finishing their tour schedule with a 3-1 record...."
I'm going to guess no one here has any idea of the quality of the Netherlands B team.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm going to guess no one here has any idea of the quality of the Netherlands B team.

That would be me, but I'm using comparisons to teams we played on our last Euro trip a few years back, where winning scores were by 35-40 pts. I'll consider this trip a success if return with no injuries :)

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
That would be me, but I'm using comparisons to teams we played on our last Euro trip a few years back, where winning scores were by 35-40 pts. I'll consider this trip a success if return with no injuries :)
It is nice to see teams that have played other P5 programs so have somewhat of an idea of the competition level. If we beat that team by 20 it's probably a good sign for us. Or Illinois is god awful.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It is nice to see teams that have played other P5 programs so have somewhat of an idea of the competition level. If we beat that team by 20 it's probably a good sign for us. Or Illinois is god awful.

I know these preseason projections are fraught with problems, but this one here has Illinois as the #15 team in the country (and ISU at #54 in the same rankings).

http://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

So if those are any indication, we should be getting rocked this week. :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron