ULM fan travelling to Iowa St

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think old main is closed.
tenor.gif

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
ULM fan who will be travelling to Ames for the game in September. Few questions hoping someone could provide info.

Is it better to stay in Ames or Des Moines? Can you suggest some things to do/see, places to eat, etc.

Looking forward to the game. I know you guys will be favored, but we’ll be ready to battle after playing Florida Stste the week before.

Make sure you eat at Hickory Park. Best BBQ in the state, can’t beat the amount of food you get for the price.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sad day. Loved Old Main's root beer and always had good food. Haven't been back to that side of town in a while. When did they shut down?

Reactions: aobie

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Go to Welch Ave Station in campus town for a beer, pizza, and wings. If you want to tailgate you can get into the grass lots south of the stadium for $20/car. Give yourself a couple hours if you're going to do that. Walk around and enjoy!