Criticism of LeBron at Son's Game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If this reaction was from anyone other than a Pro BB player, any college coach watching would walk away from recruiting the player in no time flat.
You do know that college coaches regularly converse with "handlers" of 16 year old kids.. I doubt if a kid is good enough their dad being overly exuberant on the sidelines is going to scare off recruiters.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's all fun and games until he loses a shoe on the court!

But for real, the sideline antics and celebration and whatnot is totally kosher, so long as it's not a negative... Just keep it off the court, there's a game going on. Be respectful of the other people also attending.
I'm not agreeing with Lebron going on the court, but to that point, some of these AAU summer tourneys turn into And1 Mixtape tours. All the teams not playing surround the top game going on and go wild when someone gets the better of somebody. His reaction isn't anything that hasn't been done in celebrating a basketball play before, he just did it on the court and lost his shoe doing it lol.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
You do know that college coaches regularly converse with "handlers" of 16 year old kids.. I doubt if a kid is good enough their dad being overly exuberant on the sidelines is going to scare off recruiters.

Handlers come and go. You are stuck with parents. I guess the whole Ball family comes to mind.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Totally cool to see him so excited. Go crazy on the sidelines. I draw the line at running on the court. Could've hurt a kid when he lost his shoe or if they weren't expecting him to be there. No one should be on the court except players and refs.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It is awesome that he is interested and excited for his kid. It is across the line to go on the court during a game. Why is it okay for LeBron to do it? Would it be okay if every other parent went on the court when their kid or their kid's team did something exciting? No, and it isn't okay for him to do it.

Great; be excited, loud, and supportive - but keep it on the sidelines.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It is awesome that he is interested and excited for his kid. It is across the line to go on the court during a game. Why is it okay for LeBron to do it? Would it be okay if every other parent went on the court when their kid or their kid's team did something exciting? No, and it isn't okay for him to do it.

Great; be excited, loud, and supportive - but keep it on the sidelines.
Because he is one of the greatest all time and he has a great heart for kids...not just his own. Remember he has a private school that he has started in his hometown. Not matter how one slices it I bet he would do something similar if a player on the other team had a great play as well. It is evidenced by him going up to the kid on the other team and giving him words of encouragement.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
The only reason people think it is ok is because it is Lebron. Even any other NBA player would be called foolish if they did the same thing. It’s great he is being supportive and all but be supportive off the court. It’s better than the idiots who get themselves thrown out of games but it isn’t good.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
This is way over the top; showboating and a disruption. Imagine if Fran acted that way over his kid - your heads would explode - .all you KingJames supporters :)

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Because he is one of the greatest all time and he has a great heart for kids...not just his own. Remember he has a private school that he has started in his hometown. Not matter how one slices it I bet he would do something similar if a player on the other team had a great play as well. It is evidenced by him going up to the kid on the other team and giving him words of encouragement.
It is during a game. He can do all of those things with his team or the other team after the game. He is interrupting the game.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It is during a game. He can do all of those things with his team or the other team after the game. He is interrupting the game.
Ok. I understand your pov.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
As always, it’s not that he’s going to a game supporting his son. He’s going out and trying to make it about himself while giving his son as much attention as he can.

Find me another AAU dad that jumps on the court after his son makes a relatively easy dunk with zero defense (I mean first time I watched it I thought it was open gym before reading it was in a game) and also jumps in layup lines.

Bronny MISSED a dunk last week and it was top story on sportscenter and trending on twitter.

Too much dumb stuff being jammed down our throats, and too many people are gargling it

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If this reaction was from anyone other than a Pro BB player, any college coach watching would walk away from recruiting the player in no time flat.

This is 100% accurate so I don’t get why people disagree with it. College coaches recruit parents, and this dudes a clown.

• Disagree
Reactions: srjclone

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
It's funny to see the different standards of outrage for different famous people. This is more annoyance than outrage but you get the point.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
It seems so scripted.

Agreed. In general that's how I've come to feel about the majority of how he presents himself.

A few years back Durant randomly showed up at a pickup football game after some Tweets. LeBron sees that, and a while later does the same thing but brings a full camera crew and turns it into the opposite of the KD's thing was so fun for.

The branding combined with Decisiongate....nothing really feels genuine about the guy. In terms of marketing he's like a successful Harrison Barnes, and that makes him hard to enjoy as a human doing things for human reasons instead of marketing himself.

• Agree
Reactions: BLHawk

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Handlers come and go. You are stuck with parents. I guess the whole Ball family comes to mind.
That feeds my point though, Lavar was a crazy person and UCLA still got in bed with him (and his other son) just so they had a year with Lonzo lol. Not all, but most recruiters will look past the pile of **** if the diamond is large enough