Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
On a much lighter note, and maybe I need to get my mind out of the gutter but, I had Chinese for lunch and my fortune cookie had "A tub and rub will change our day" :rolleyes:

Rub-a-dub-dub,
Three men in a tub,
And who do you think they be?
The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker,
And all of them out to sea.

Somewhere there is a picture of kindergarten or younger aged me in tub with a couple of other munchins on the stage at the old HS as part of some variety show. Now wanting to look for it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah. I did have a case where an infant was brought to the hospital in rough shape. He had petechial hemorhages in his eyes (and wound up being blind). The docs opined that he was a victim of being shaken and slammed. The investigation took a while--the waters were rather murky. But after a lie detector test, the grandmother broke down and confessed, calling herself a monster. Her confession was corroborated. Another non-cool war story, bro.

I can't quite find the right button for this one. Dang, that's sick.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Family in general. My grandparents are not nice people but when people find out you have no relationship with them.........they assume the problem must be with you because who doesn't like their grandparents? I feel safe presuming Erik has had to deal with that too if he hints at a less than idyllic relationship with his mother. Well you know what? Being a ****** person doesn't always disappear because you had a child or a grandchild. Some are horrified if you cut off family because "family is everything" but bad people shouldn't get (repeated) passes because of genetics.

In our family's case, too, I think we've found that the parents for rev and I have gotten more extreme in the years since their own parents died, like their restraining force or something is gone.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
In today's failure in parenting:
I tend to give Z a lot of latitude, and we coast through really great days together.
Lately, she started having random accidents, and I think I've just realized that it's only when it seems like she wants alone time.

So, I thought it was an independence thing, and that seemed cool. But I think we have a separation problem (yet again), and my lesson was poop. For the first time in forever, I had to clean up poop.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hey @ImJustKCClone, my Jeopardy desk calendar today:

Moon Walking - $1000

The second moon-landing mission, this Apollo flight got hit by lightning about 36 seconds after launching.
I don't remember the lightning, but Apollo missions 11 thru 17 all landed on the moon (with the obvious exception of Apollo 13). So the second to land on the moon would have been Apollo 12.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Me about one minute ago.

source.gif

With jalapeno catsup. FTW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.