ESPN's Stanford Steve picks ISU to win the Big 12

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Scl5rwX.gif

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017

I don't see getting Texas and OU late as an advantage. Steve's insinuation is that it gives Iowa State time to figure itself out, but this is the year we come in with few question marks. Texas and OU have question marks and the late games give them time to figure themselves out. Not to mention that an injury or two against at that point probably has a larger impact on us than on them, depending on the position.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I don't see getting Texas and OU late as an advantage. Steve's insinuation is that it gives Iowa State time to figure itself out, but this is the year we come in with few question marks. Texas and OU have question marks and the late games give them time to figure themselves out. Not to mention that an injury or two against at that point probably has a larger impact on us than on them, depending on the position.
Honestly not a big fan of the conference schedule at all. I like getting TCU and OSU at home, but the timing of games is less than ideal. I'd rather see KU and KSU earlier too, not that it should make a huge difference.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Well I don't know what's worse. So most of the the time we've played the underdog role and we always feel we have a chance but nervous at the same time. Now we're picked 3rd in the Big 12 and the expectations are mounting and that stresses me out too! Either way, can't wait!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Texas in Ames in November is nice, though. I thought I’d never see it.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
I think he's vastly overestimating our run blocking and also the caliber of athletes. Improvements have come, but top to bottom we have nowhere near the athletes of Texas and Oklahoma. I'm just happy we have a real 2 deep now. It's possible we can win it, but it will take hard work, some lucky bounces, and probably some bad luck for some of our opponents. It looks like a fun season is ahead.