How can we beat Nebraska?

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Time to turn the page, Cyclone fans. Enough with the "Waco sucks more than Iowa" and "Chizik sucks" threads. This is an important game if we want to turn this thing around and play for a spot in the postseason. Nebraska is beatable, and we haven't had the pleasure of disposing of them for several years.

So, how about it? How can we beat the Huskers on Saturday?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Have you ever seen The Last Boy Scout, where the guy brings a revolver on the field and shoots a bunch of guys on the way to the endzone?

That would probably help.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Nebraska's talent level is closer to ours than Baylor (as was KU's). We won't have as hard a time matching up with them(speed-wise) as we did last weekend.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
A hefty bet of CF Credits on the Huskers should probably do the trick. Sorry about the last 4 games where I went for the Clones.... I will just have to suck it up and flush some credits for a W.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
show up....nebraska sucks
Show up as in show up to play their best? Or just show up on the field and be there? We've seen both and personally, I want the effort Ive seen in the 2nd half of UNLV and most of the KU game on the field, not the showing up that happened against Baylor. That being said, I think this game is entirely winnable if they play for 4 quarters. :yes:

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Pressure Ganz. The only time he was really under pressure during the Tech game, he through the INT to seal the loss. The question is, can we get pressure with 4, or do we need to blitz? If we blitz, they'll have to be delayed, and disguised well in my opinion.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
When in the Red Zone, get a Sideline Audible called within 45 seconds......that and don't get an off-sides call.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
When in the Red Zone, get a Sideline Audible called within 45 seconds......that and don't get an off-sides call.

thats just it. I really believe a ton of our woes this season have come from penalties and miscommunication.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
thats just it. I really believe a ton of our woes this season have come from penalties and miscommunication.

And dropped passes and bad coverage in the secondary.

We did not have any takeaways against Baylor. We need to get some turnovers again, and we absolutely need to continue to work on our red zone offense. It was discouraging to see that problem rear its head again on Saturday.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

We did not have any takeaways against Baylor. We need to get some turnovers again, and we absolutely need to continue to work on our red zone offense. It was discouraging to see that problem rear its head again on Saturday.

Ah yes forgot about those. It is really just coming down to sloppiness. Im not even worried about talent playing over us at this point.

CheshireBear

Oct 5, 2008
baylorfans.com

I agree with this assessment. I think a lot of it has to do with Baylor not turning the ball over much at all this year, but you'll have to force some to win this game. Nebraska put together a complete game last week. I don't think Tech had a down week like most seem to think. It was their Homecoming. Every team gets up for their Homecoming. I think Nebraska just finally showed their potential. They have a solid QB, nice stable of RBs, and a nice receiving core. Defense needs A LOT of improvement, but their offense is pretty talented. It's going to take a total team performance like Nebraska put together @ Tech last week to keep up with them. You guys have a legit shot, but things need to start coming together faster than they have been.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's at home so for some reason we'll come out and play one-half like a Top 25 team. We just need to make sure we don't play the other half like an FCS team.

This should assure the win.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Not be dependent on our kicker to do the majority of the scoring. Score in the redzone instead of accumulate an abundance of penalties.