Are Husker fans setting themselves up for disappointment?

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
The hype regarding Nebraska football seems to be going off the rails this offseason. Nebraska finished out the season okay but still only had 4 wins. I thought that Adrian Martinez looked talented as well but I have no idea how the rest of the team is.

Many media members have the team in the top 10 and favorites to win the BIG.

With the hype surrounding Frosty the Coachman and the Nebraska football team, are the fans and Nebraska media setting themselves up for disappointment? It sure seems that way to me.

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
I think Martinez is the real deal and I expect they'll do fine in that glorified high school conference they joined. I think top 10 is a bit of a reach though. So, the real question is will they be deflated if they don't make a CFP game?

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
How easy is their schedule? 9-3 seems logical. BigWest champs, and get smoked in championship game?

• Agree
Reactions: reignofthetiger

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Yes and I can't wait to watch it unfold. Unfortunately they will still win 7 or 8 games because the Big 10 West and cross over games are a joke.

They'll start 4-0 - hype train full steam ahead!
Then Ohio State and Northwestern roll into Lincoln - 4-2
Travel to Minny - toss up so I'll give it to the home team 4-3
Wins against Indiana and Maryland (maybe Purdue) to end the year - 7-5 / 8-4

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Probably for this year but this is part of the growing process. I’m not a big Nebby hater (I just don’t care) but Frost is legit and they are going to be a ND kind of program in that tier below the perennial playoff teams like Clemson, Bama, OU pretty soon. That’s just the way it’s going to be.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
It's purely hype as of July 2019. Nothing has been proven yet. They also have a total trash defense. IMO, there are a lot more questions than answers at this point and let's be honest, this hype only has to do with what Frost did at the directional Florida school.

• Agree
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Hate to say it but I think Frost will do it for real. Not gonna be surprised if they win the B1G...

Oh, and F#ck Nebraska.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup and cyfan21

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think Martinez is the real deal and I expect they'll do fine in that glorified high school conference they joined. I think top 10 is a bit of a reach though. So, the real question is will they be deflated if they don't make a CFP game?

Martinez is good but Purdy is better. Their defense will suck again so I'll predict 7-5

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Yes and I can't wait to watch it unfold. Unfortunately they will still win 7 or 8 games because the Big 10 West and cross over games are a joke.

They'll start 4-0 - hype train full steam ahead!
Then Ohio State and Northwestern roll into Lincoln - 4-2
Travel to Minny - toss up so I'll give it to the home team 4-3
Wins against Indiana and Maryland (maybe Purdue) to end the year - 7-5 / 8-4

Purdue won by 2 TDS in Lincoln last year. Right now, I’d pick that game as an “L” for the Huskers.

Reactions: DSMCy

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
7-8 wins still isn't good enough for those clowns. If Frost doesn't win 10+ games his seat will be hot. **** nebraska.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

Help Support Us

Become a patron