KU Selling Alcohol at Games

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Haven't read the thread but I assume someone has said this is the only way ku football is watchable

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I rarely buy a beer at a sporting event. $10 for a big glass of some nasty Bud Light or similar swill? No thanks. But if it gets more folks in the door then cool. To each their own.

The only arena I go to that sells alcohol is for Creighton basketball games and overall it seems to have a negative effect on the atmosphere. Thousands of fans either in line to buy beer, in the bathroom to empty their bladder thanks to the beer or standing in the concourse socializing while drinking a beer leads to lots of empty seats during game play. I go to watch the game, not to socialize.

I think we drink more in the stadium than we do tailgating. Our normal "picnic" is couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots, and a pint or so of Fireball. When we after the game, we've heard things like, OMG, Dang these people do it up right! How did you get all that stuff in?

But then again, you have the people like RandomFan, who probably plants his behind in a seat and gets mad when people stand around him. Bet you are a barrel of laughs at a party!! This is how I picture randomfan!! (Shirt says "I love to sit!")

tumblr_l18cc69a0V1qb1uywo1_400.gif

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I think we drink more in the stadium than we do tailgating. Our normal "picnic" is couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots, and a pint or so of Fireball. When we after the game, we've heard things like, OMG, Dang these people do it up right! How did you get all that stuff in?

But then again, you have the people like RandomFan, who probably plants his behind in a seat and gets mad when people stand around him. Bet you are a barrel of laughs at a party!! This is how I picture randomfan!! (Shirt says "I love to sit!")

tumblr_l18cc69a0V1qb1uywo1_400.gif
Opposite. I am the person in his seat yntil the final buzzer standing up and screaming the whole game who occasionally has to lean back so the drunk guy next to me can make another trip to the bathroom and then again so they can leave with 5 minutes left.

EDITED for the triggered.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: mdclone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Opposite. I am the person in his seat yntil the final buzzer standing up and screaming the whole game who occasionally has to lean back so the drunk guy next to me can make another trip to the bathroom and then again so they can leave with 5 minutes left.

Twenty years from now, you will discover that you can still be a loud, rowdy fan without being a drunken mess.

You really are a lowlife!! For one thing, you have no idea how old I am and you are calling me out as a drunk? Please provide proof of this to me or is this just another defamatory statement you are making? Just to inform you I am an '89 grad of ISU, have had season tickets for 20 years now in the same seats, around most of the same people and have never been a "drunken mess" as you have described. Unlike you, I make friends and not enemies! People around you probably say "Who the F is this guy?"

The final buzzer? Huh? Were are talking football here. Nobody goes to KU football games, so please explain how do you have to lean back for someone to get past you at a football game? Dude, you really are delirious here. Good god you are a tool! You make assumptions here on everything and everybody. Take your KU schtick and stay on KU sites.

Reactions: Macloney

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You really are a lowlife!! For one thing, you have no idea how old I am and you are calling me out as a drunk? Please provide proof of this to me or is this just another defamatory statement you are making? Just to inform you I am an '89 grad of ISU, have had season tickets for 20 years now in the same seats, around most of the same people and have never been a "drunken mess" as you have described. Unlike you, I make friends and not enemies! People around you probably say "Who the F is this guy?"

The final buzzer? Huh? Were are talking football here. Nobody goes to KU football games, so please explain how do you have to lean back for someone to get past you at a football game? Dude, you really are delirious here. Good god you are a tool! You make assumptions here on everything and everybody. Take your KU schtick and stay on KU sites.
Whoa

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I think we drink more in the stadium than we do tailgating. Our normal "picnic" is couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots, and a pint or so of Fireball.

Work that liver dude!!!

Just to inform you I am an '89 grad of ISU, have had season tickets for 20 years now in the same seats, around most of the same people and have never been a "drunken mess" as you have described.

It is within the realm of possibility that your self-awareness could suffer a bit after consuming a couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots, and a pint or so of Fireball...

Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It's really hot outside...tempers are on a knife edge.

68 here where I am at. Just really tired of Random and the big blue KU on his chest. But when you call someone a drunken mess without any merit.... I call that crossing the line. He thinks he is invincible on here.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Work that liver dude!!!

It is within the realm of possibility that your self-awareness might suffer a bit after consuming a couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots, and a pint or so of Fireball...

We share with the folks around us, hence why we have had pretty much the same group of people around us. We have fun with it, just not the kind that Random thinks.

It's a blast to have great people and fans around you at an ISU game. Unlike Random and all his friends.

upload_2019-7-19_10-34-44.png

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Settle down. I didn't mean you specifically. More of a "people in general". Good grief, everyone is so triggered these days. Just itching to vo off on someone. Kick back and relax and enjoy a couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots and a pint of Fireball.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Settle down. I didn't mean you specifically. More of a "people in general". Good grief, everyone is so triggered these days. Just itching to vo off on someone. Kick back and relax and enjoy a couple of flasks, 3-6 beers, jello shots and a pint of Fireball.

lol. u r very horny for trolling this man. he is a gentleman and u r a low life puke. please leave my dad a lone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are an @sshat!!

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm ok with beer at JTS only if the distributor builds more pissers. Brand them if you want.

The Mid-American Energy - Jack Trice Stadium Restrooms brought to you by Bud Light

We'll need more security at the games:
1. To break up fights
2. Make sure no bootleg booze makes it in

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I already get any coat under my seat drenched with a liquid substance at least 2 games a year. Generally a kid or a drunk person knocking something over. I don’t care if people drink or not, just prefer I didnt stink like a brewery on my way home.

Make life easy and have all the alcohol sales on one side. People can gravitate to drinking or non drinking sides.

Sorry but if I have to wait in line for the bathroom I might miss something.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Gary Barta said today that hok fans will be able to buy beer in Kin-Ick field soon.