Chizik's Weekly Press Conference...

leg4cy

Apr 12, 2006
Humboldt, IA
Is available for free over on cyclones.com. Some of the key points that I remember:
1) Because they're already 6 games in, they're going to try and keep Tiller's redshirt despite the fact that he is the #2 QB.
2) Kennard Banks situation is touch and go because the cast limits his ability to tackle and play as physical as he would like to.
3) Chizik wishes Bates the best and will do everything to make sure his transfer allows him to achieve his football goals except he wishes he was given the opportunity to say that to Bates' face. Today was also the last time Chizik would discuss the matter. He won't talk about ppl irrelevant to the football team
4) He views this week as a clean slate and an opportunity to start over.
5) He feels without a doubt this team is better than last year's which is evident by the fact that they have had the opportunity to win every game they have played.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
3). Little underhanded jab at him (wish he could have said it to his face). Not undeserved. I like it.

5). We had a chance to win Saturday? Otherwise, I agree.

Edit: Ok - there seems to be a consensus on #5. :wink:

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
To a certain extent I agree with being in every game.

We made it 14-7 in the second quarter, albeit briefly. A few costly penalties made that 14-3 then 21-3.

Contrast that to Texas and Kansas last year where we were out of the game well before the end of the first quarter.

Alas, he is right, even if you say we weren't close with Baylor.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
To a certain extent I agree with being in every game.

We made it 14-7 in the second quarter, albeit briefly. A few costly penalties made that 14-3 then 21-3.

Contrast that to Texas and Kansas last year where we were out of the game well before the end of the first quarter.

Alas, he is right, even if you say we weren't close with Baylor.

Waiting to be beat up on now...

Stand by my points. We were in that game for at least a few moments. :wink:

I'll admit, I had a few beers by early in the game.

But when was it 14-7?

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Waiting to be beat up on now...

Stand by my points. We were in that game for at least a few moments. :wink:

until about the 5th bubble screen they threw, of about 90 that night. for some reason we just couldnt stop that play. look for NU to run this quite a bit to see if they get the sam results, we better have an answer for it because it wont be the last time we see a team run this at least 10 times.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
It should have been 14-7 but we shot ourselves in the foot.

I think he meant 14-3

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Well...14-6...with the TD...then the penalty which took it off the board.

Just saying that touchdown would have changed things immensely in my mind. Those players actually looked like they were in the game after that running into the kicker penalty and you could tell they started to think something was happening.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
1) And Bates was going to play at Baylor
2) Yet he gets a 15 yard personal foul for a hard hit
3) Except allowing him to transfer in conference, we hope
4) Where have we heard that before
5) Whats he suppose to say, we are going backwards as a program?

Thought I would have some fun with this

How many PB questions will he get tonight?

Last edited:

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Gene's stance on that would be, Baylor was a very winnable game, however we as coaches and as a team didnt do our part, AS in the other losses, to win the game. A loss is a loss is a loss.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
The way I look at it, we were only 6 plays away from winning the Baylor game, but, I still think Elvis is alive, and there are nanobots controlling my every move.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
until about the 5th bubble screen they threw, of about 90 that night. for some reason we just couldnt stop that play. look for NU to run this quite a bit to see if they get the sam results, we better have an answer for it because it wont be the last time we see a team run this at least 10 times.

Maybe they should watch some tape and see how teams defend it against us. Since we run it 40 times a game and never get any yards because the D knows it coming and knows how to defend it.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
1) And Bates was going to play at Baylor
2) Yet he gets a 15 yard personal foul for a hard hit
3) Except allowing him to transfer in conference, we hopey
4) Where have we heard that before
5) Whats he suppose to say, we are going backwards as a program?

Thought I would have some fun with this

How many PB questions will he get tonight?

Don't forget about the guy who doesn't ask a question, but rather will go on about "too bad we lost Bates. Thought he was going to be a special player for us. Keep up the good work coach. We'll be there to cheer you on Saturday".

You know, so Gene knows all this and can sleep well tonight. :eek:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron