More respect for Coach Matt Campbell

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The only one on the list that is a head scratcher to me is Lincoln Riley. Honestly, it's OU. His job was pretty simple. Just keep the train a rollin. If he won a National Title I would agree with him on there.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The only one on the list that is a head scratcher to me is Lincoln Riley. Honestly, it's OU. His job was pretty simple. Just keep the train a rollin. If he won a National Title I would agree with him on there.

Love or hate Mangino, I'd put him, Gundy, and Campbell near the top. It's much harder to turn around a sinking or sunken ship than it is to just plug and play 5 star recruits.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rhule allowed his players to basically put out a bounty on players in a game and didn't correct the behavior.

Shouldn't even be allowed on the list.

And one more plug to remove Baylor from the conference.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Rhule allowed his players to basically put out a bounty on players in a game and didn't correct the behavior.

Shouldn't even be allowed on the list.

And one more plug to remove Baylor from the conference.
I want Rapelor to crater and leave the conference like everyone else but Rhule (scumbag or not) belongs on the list if we're talking about the success (survival) of BU football. It's the same reason Mangino should be higher on the list.

I'm proud to say Campbell is on the list for the right and noble reasons...and is the best man on the list, imo.

And a first year coach has no business on the list. What's the other NDSU guy done at Wyoming? Anything???

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
IMO these are the top 5 best hires:

1. Bill Callahan
2. Ron Prince
3. Charlie Weis
4. Charlie Strong
5. Dan Hawkins
My God...the sauce has hit you hard! Put it down for awhile! Lol

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
1. The Vampire - Through fundamental football and pin-point position recruiting, Snyder had no
business resurrecting a terrible program and sustaining an impressive run of success.
2. Matt Campbell - 2 8 win seasons for the first time on 40 years. Recruits coming in that we
could only dream of a mere 3 years ago and a bright, bright feature for ISU at a critical time
as BIG12 media rights are coming up for renewal.
3. Mangino - yeah the year he made it to the Orange Bowl, KU had a cake schedule, but KU
made it to the freakin' Orange Bowl.
4. Pinkel
5. Leach
6. Whomever....

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
1. The Vampire - Through fundamental football and pin-point position recruiting, Snyder had no
business resurrecting a terrible program and sustaining an impressive run of success.
2. Matt Campbell - 2 8 win seasons for the first time on 40 years. Recruits coming in that we
could only dream of a mere 3 years ago and a bright, bright feature for ISU at a critical time
3. Mangino - yeah the year he made it to the Orange Bowl, KU had a cake schedule, but KU
4. Pinkel
5. Leach
6. Whomever....

Mangino’s 2007 team is what Mac’s 2005 team should have been

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
4. Pinkel
5. Leach
6. Whomever....
The list stipulates last 25 years (and he took a Big 8 job) but yeah, the crypt keeper is the best conference hire ever.

People can poo poo Mangino's schedule in the Orange Bowl year but he WON that Orange Bowl. That KU team was legit. If Dan McCarney had ever learned to finish like Mangino did he'd have been in at least two Big 12 Championship games.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Like our last 2 teams.

Imagine Campbell’s coaching with that 05 roster

This was my first thought when the All Big 12 rosters came out. That team should have been in the Big 12 Championship. Campbell has the opportunity this season to do what that '05 team should have done.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This was my first thought when the All Big 12 rosters came out. That team should have been in the Big 12 Championship. Campbell has the opportunity this season to do what that '05 team should have done.

Except that '05 team literally didn't have an OU or UT on the schedule. A couple of that schedule's teams may have been underrated but ISU still just couldn't figure it out.

• Agree
Reactions: weR138

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don’t think Gill was a great hire, and his teams showed that, but he got a bum deal getting canned after 2 seasons
Didn't he turn his nose up at the ISU job? F#ck that guy.

You're right, btw.