Optimism - Pattern is right for a solid Nebraska game...

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Okay, speaking of drinking the Kool-Aid, consider this...

Remember those IQ test questions dealing with patterns? Well think about this:

UNLV - first half bad; second half great
Kansas - first half great; second half bad
Baylor - first half bad; second half bad

so... what next?...

Nebraska - first half great; second half great

GO CLONES!!! BEAT NEBRASKA!!!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Okay, speaking of drinking the Kool-Aid, consider this...

Remember those IQ test questions dealing with patterns? Well think about this:

UNLV - first half bad; second half great
Kansas - first half great; second half bad
Baylor - first half bad; second half bad

so... what next?...

Nebraska - first half great; second half great

GO CLONES!!! BEAT NEBRASKA!!!

I think you and I may be the only ones on here who are not in the least bit worrried about Nebraska.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think you guys are drinking way to much beer right now and it's monday morning. There is nothing this coaching staff is doing that might make me think beating Nebraska is possible. Nebraska is improving. We are getting worse. We just got pounded by a first year coach to one of the worst football teams in the country year in and year out. Our team can't run the football. Our team can't play defense which is what Chizik is supposed to known for being able to do.

huskerman

Mar 12, 2008
ames
I think you guys are drinking way to much beer right now and it's monday morning. There is nothing this coaching staff is doing that might make me think beating Nebraska is possible. Nebraska is improving. We are getting worse. We just got pounded by a first year coach to one of the worst football teams in the country year in and year out. Our team can't run the football. Our team can't play defense which is what Chizik is supposed to known for being able to do.

i respectfully disagree to an extent, ISU certainly can win and will likely keep it close for a half. :cool: NU will come out on top based on offensive firepower alone as neither team really has a good D, but NU has the better offense and its not really that close.

also this is just my opinion but Chizik also had good defenses, not great, at texas with probably top 3 talent in the country. ISU is probably not top 50 talent, so of course you will see a significant drop off. On the bright side he is at least making improvements and making the team better as a whole. I see the same thing happening with Pelini, he has had superior talent since he has been back in the college ranks at NU OU and LSU.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
With your logic I will go tailgate get drunk and watch Nebraska's first year coach have his team run circles around us again.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
i respectfully disagree to an extent, ISU certainly can win and will likely keep it close for a half. :cool: NU will come out on top based on offensive firepower alone as neither team really has a good D, but NU has the better offense and its not really that close.

also this is just my opinion but Chizik also had good defenses, not great, at texas with probably top 3 talent in the country. ISU is probably not top 50 talent, so of course you will see a significant drop off. On the bright side he is at least making improvements and making the team better as a whole. I see the same thing happening with Pelini, he has had superior talent since he has been back in the college ranks at NU OU and LSU.

Just out of curiosity, where was that offensive "firepower" 2 weeks ago in front of your home crowd?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Here's the deal...

IF and I mean IF we win on Saturday, folks are going to look at it as some 'upset' and likely rush the field and all that crap.

Newsflash...Nebbie isn't that good...neither are we, but a win over them is nothing more than a win over an average team.

I'll take it, but I might puke at how it gets portrayed by the fans and media as some giant 'statement win'.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I agree that a win over Nebraska shouldn't be called any kind of "statement win" however...

a win over Nebraska is still A WIN OVER NEBRASKA!!!

I'll gladly take that any season it's offered!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
They will get up for the nebraska game. Why not, whats to lose?

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I would love a won over Nebraska. I dont know which team has a more obnoxious fan base...Nebraska or Iowa.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I would love a won over Nebraska. I dont know which team has a more obnoxious fan base...Nebraska or Iowa.

nebraska has the worst.

Iowa gets a break because they are as much delusional as obnoxious.

-keep.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Why don't you just stay in the parking lot. I think you, and anyone who has the misfortune of sitting around you, with that attitude, will be happier.

Why don't you stay in the parking lot. I did not know you were the sherriff for who can attend games and who can't attend games.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

holy crap....need a bucket with your bailing? an effort against NE like against KU gives us the chance to win....

Reactions: keepngoal

Cyclones78227

Oct 3, 2008
San Antonio. Tx
Why don't you stay in the parking lot. I did not know you were the sherriff for who can attend games and who can't attend games.

Well, you, and many others on here whine about how bad we are, and how bad Gene is, then don't go.

I learned a long time ago, and I am 26, probably younger than you, that if something makes me as unhappy as it apparently makes you (and Tornado, Monty, Curt, Wesley, BrianHos, 22, well the list goes on from what I can tell), then avoid it.

Why do something that makes you miserable? I cannot think of one logical reason to do that.

If you are people that thrive on being unhappy, then keep it to yourselves, because I am sure that for every one of you there are ten people that are going to the game to actually root for the Cyclones.:no:

Wow

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
[quoteWell, you, and many others on here whine about how bad we are, and how bad Gene is, then don't go.

I learned a long time ago, and I am 26, probably younger than you, that if something makes me as unhappy as it apparently makes you (and Tornado, Monty, Curt, Wesley, BrianHos, 22, well the list goes on from what I can tell), then avoid it.

Why do something that makes you miserable? I cannot think of one logical reason to do that.

If you are people that thrive on being unhappy, then keep it to yourselves, because I am sure that for every one of you there are ten people that are going to the game to actually root for the Cyclones.:no:

][/quote]

Trust me some of us have been going and rooting way long than you have been going to the game. If you except losing then that says a lot about you. The fact is that a lot of us have had it with losing. Chizik is supposed to be the the man. Well the man just got beat by a first year coach by the worst team in the big 12 every year so we can't really say it's only year 2 when year one guy just kicked our butts. Also they have a young QB also so we can't really say that now can we. So if you like losing then keep telling yourself how we can win this week when we show no signs of winning against Nebraska. If we win then great. If we lose we will be losing to another first year coach who's team is actually showing some life.

Help Support Us

Become a patron