Baylor game 08 = Texas game 07?

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
The Baylor game this year was in the 7th week of football. The Texas game last year was in the 7th week of football.
Both games the team showed no emotion and got embarrased. There was no desire from anyone and it showed with the results on the field.

Now my point...

I see us coming back this week and the team playing the way they should. Displaying emotion, dedication and hard work.

After the Texas game people had the same thoughts about the team as they are having now.

I have hope and trust that the team will come out and start playing a full game and living up to their potential.

GO CYCLONES!

Reactions: dustinal

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
We'll, you could be right. Although losing big to Texas is a lot easier to swallow than the bitter pill of a Baylor blowout. A win over a weak Nebraska team would sort of "save" this season and would be a nice win for our program. I can't reasonably predict us to win a game after what I saw Saturday, though. I will be watching the Nebraska game with no expectations at all.

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
you are right.. I can save u the good time if you like..

Final score..

kNu 24

I-STATE 34

mark it:wink:

BTW- sorry sr

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Equating the loss to Baylor to the loss to the Texas loss seems like a stretch to me. Texas was a year or two out from their National Championship at the time. Texas has more success in each individual season that Baylor has had in their whole program. Texas just beat #1 Oklahoma.

Digging out a diamond from this pile of dung is useless. I don't think you'd use the same reasoning if your gal had slept with Howard Stern, and think things will work out fine, because they did after she slept with Brad Pitt a year before.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Equating the loss to Baylor to the loss to the Texas loss seems like a stretch to me. Texas was a year or two out from their National Championship at the time. Texas has more success in each individual season that Baylor has had in their whole program. Texas just beat #1 Oklahoma.

Digging out a diamond from this pile of dung is useless. I don't think you'd use the same reasoning if your gal had slept with Howard Stern, and think things will work out fine, because they did after she slept with Brad Pitt a year before.

Texas was a good team last year, nothing to special. If I recall, a few weeks before they came to Ames they got embarassed at home by K-State. You should never lose on your home turf as bad as we did to Texas, never. That was close to a 50 point loss at home. I think it is just about as equal to a 28 point loss on the road.

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I really hope your right. If they play Nebraska like they did against Baylor...its going to be one long and ugly day.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
They couldn't play any worse, and I would imagine Chizik is going to run them into the ground this week. They will have a bit more fire this weekend

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
The only way these games are equal is that they both count as an "L". What they prove is that we aren't winning against good teams and we aren't winning against bad teams.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
I just posted this on another board...

We layed an absolute egg against the Longhorns (the LAST "worst game ever" by the Cyclones), then bounced back the next week with, perhaps, our best performance of the year against the Sooners.

College football is a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

It's NEBRASKA this Saturday, folks. We will have MANY recruits visiting. Go the game and SUPPORT our Cyclones!

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I just posted this on another board...

We layed an absolute egg against the Longhorns (the LAST "worst game ever" by the Cyclones), then bounced back the next week with, perhaps, our best performance of the year against the Sooners.

College football is a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

It's NEBRASKA this Saturday, folks. We will have MANY recruits visiting. Go the game and SUPPORT our Cyclones!

Agreed. I'll be there, let's do it! I was absolutly pissed after the game Saturday, and I'm glad I waited til now to post again after that mess.

The wheels have not fallen off for me unless we lose the next two games. Then we should worry.

Let's see what I-State does this weekend before we jump too far into the hole that we're in.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
the only similarity in Baylor '08 and Texas '07 is that they both come from the State of Texas. I hope the players can come back from this, but getting blown out by Baylor is a completely different story than getting Blown out by Texas. Deep down I knew we had very little chance of beating Texas. Baylor, we turned a game that should have been, at the very least a close one, into a disaster.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Cyclones will shut out Nebraska and put up about 30. I really am beginning to think that Gene wanted to get blown out in Baylor to have a capitulation regarding to Bates and get the team refocused. Now everyone will be overlooking us and we probably run the table. Gene was known to brilliant psychology in previous jobs as DC.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Cyclones will shut out Nebraska and put up about 30. I really am beginning to think that Gene wanted to get blown out in Baylor to have a capitulation regarding to Bates and get the team refocused. Now everyone will be overlooking us and we probably run the table. Gene was known to brilliant psychology in previous jobs as DC.

crazy chatter...but I like it!

pass me the Kool-Aid!!

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
It's not crazy at all - what is crazy is to believe it won't happen.

Look at that picture of Gene in ISUALUMs avatar. Tell him it won't happen.

We are so close to greatness it is incredible.

Reactions: CycloneErik

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The thing that's hard to take about Saturday is not just the way we lost, but who we lost to. Getting destroyed by Texas is one thing. A lot of teams, even good teams, get destroyed by Texas. Not many teams get destroyed by Baylor.

It will be interesting what happens Saturday. Win or lose, I expect a completely different effort for the simple reason that it's at home. For whatever reason, ISU is a completely different team at home vs. on the road. Most teams play better at home, but for some reason going on the road affects ISU more than any other team I've ever seen.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

If Gene WANTED us to get blown out, I don't think he should be our coach.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I really am beginning to think that Gene wanted to get blown out in Baylor

This is now the craziest statement I've seen on CF. A big benchmark considering I've been reading the politics board. Gene wanted to get blown out - really?! My impression of Gene is that he'd rather slide down a razor-sharp stair banister into a vat of iodine than lose - let alone get blown out.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
How else do you explain 38-10 to Baylor? That will be proven to be great strategy when we run the table.

Reactions: MontyBurns

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm so glad I was gone all weekend. Didn't see the game and didn't have to be around for the melt down.