Friday OT - Musical Bucket List

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Red Rocks is 20 minutes from my house. We are spoiled to have such a phenomenal venue right here. We see several shows there every year.

I have always wanted to see an act at the Ryman in Nashville. We're going to Nashville in October so we were waiting to see what the calendar looked like. Lo and behold, Jason Isbell is performing there for 7 nights and we scored tickets for the last night we're in town. I've seen him several times but to see him at the Ryman makes this one even more special.

I suspect we've been at the same show at RedRocks a few times. My next one is My Morning Jacket.

Reactions: TXCyclones

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1. Lumineers
2. Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats
3. Flogging Molly (again)
4. Dropkick Murphys (again)
5. Bishop Briggs
6. Beck

I saw Bishop Briggs down in KC a couple of summers ago, and she was really good. Her voice is honestly just incredible - but she doesn't look at all how you'd expect her to from the power of her voice.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I can only think of a handful that I would have wanted to see, but have not:

Stevie Nicks (solo)
Fleetwood Mac
Journey (with Steve Perry)
Elton John

Am thankful that I was able to go to a Dolly Parton concert a few years back in Minneapolis. Going to the CMA Awards in 2010 and 2011 allowed me to see several people perform live who I may not have ever otherwise seen, such as Loretta Lynn and Lionel Richie.

Reactions: Angie

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I suspect we've been at the same show at RedRocks a few times. My next one is My Morning Jacket.

I suspect you're correct. We have three more shows at RR this summer - Cody Jinks, Tedeschi Trucks and then Jason Isbell in September.

Last July we were at the Trampled by Turtles concert and ran into Sage Rosenfels.

Reactions: drlove

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I have seen:

Van Halen (3x)
DAve Matthew Band
Aerosmith
Cherry Poppin Daddies
Wynton Marsalis

Wish I could see:
Mikes Davis
Dizzy Gillespie
Blood Swear and Tears
Johnny Hartman
Pink Floyd

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I was there! Was great...rained all day and stopped just before the show started. I stayed up top and just watched it all. Tons of mud and a sea of people made it perfect.

How awesome was that? I spent the whole time leading up to the concert near a makeshift fire pounding brews in the cold rain. Once myself and three other friends made it in the gates we proceeded to slide down the hill (which by then was one giant mud slide) towards the stage and all got separated. A couple of my friends made it to the mosh pit. I spent the concert clinging to a retaining wall because it was the only stable ground I could find right away.

We brought our tents to camp nearby, but the grounds where such a mess after the concert we just said fudge it and we drove back 6 hrs to Ames that night. Rolled into town around 5 or 6 am.

Certainly one of my favorite memories of college.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Would have loved to see Pink Floyd, but would definitely settle for David Gilmour.... that would be awesome.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I've seen two bucket list people in the last month---Tony Bennett and Paul McCartney. I've seen Garth and Adele and they were both on there.

I'd like to see Springsteen and Elton John too.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I’ve seen 4 of my top 5, so I’ll go with the top 5 I haven’t seen, in no order.

1. Simon and Garfunkel (this will never happen)
2. Fleetwood Mac
3. RHCP (not a huge fan but have heard they’re awesome live)
4. Die Antwoord (going this year!)
5. Childish Gambino

Tops that I’ve already seen that would have been on the list is The Killers, Paul McCartney, the Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Todd Snider.

• Friendly

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron