Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Based on this thread, we had better win this game quite handily or I am going to have to just quit believing anything I read on here about Hawk basketball. They have to be one of the worst P5 teams for 2019 - 2020 based on all the info posted here. Hope that's right, at least through early December! After that, don't care.

I found an analysis at D1CoachCorner that pegs Iowa 9th in the B1G. Starters are Bakari Evelyn, Weiskamp, Garza, Nunge and #1 son.

yeah, you have this thread and the one about Iowa being a bunch of mid major players besides Cook. You know the Iowa team probably saw that one, I mean it was probably good bulletin board material for them. My take is we should probably just shut up until we can actually beat them. The way it has been going to the past few games, either they blow us out or we barely win so we need to get our @sses in gear when it comes to competing in this rivalry.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
yeah, you have this thread and the one about Iowa being a bunch of mid major players besides Cook. You know the Iowa team probably saw that one, I mean it was probably good bulletin board material for them. My take is we should probably just shut up until we can actually beat them. The way it has been going to the past few games, either they blow us out or we barely win so we need to get our @sses in gear when it comes to competing in this rivalry.

Iowa State has won 7 out of the last 10 and hasn't lost to Iowa in Hilton since March of 2003. I think it's fair to say that the Cyclones are more than competing in the rivalry. We don't have a roster constructed of a bunch of mid major Iowa kids that are highly invested in beating Iowa. They literally had a kid limp onto the court last year playing on one leg just to goon it up. **** Iowa and **** Fran.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Are you serious?

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
Iowa State has won 7 out of the last 10 and hasn't lost to Iowa in Hilton since March of 2003. I think it's fair to say that the Cyclones are more than competing in the rivalry. We don't have a roster constructed of a bunch of mid major Iowa kids that are highly invested in beating Iowa. They literally had a kid limp onto the court last year playing on one leg just to goon it up. **** Iowa and **** Fran.

Yes Iowa had legitimate shots to win the game in 2013 and 2015. After not winning either one, I'm not holding my breath for an Iowa win in Ames anytime soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Better be sure there is someone there to spot Haliburton, Leech and Conditt when the ISU team lifts then.
Be honest, are you embarrassed by that video? I really don't know how you can't be. It's almost like an SNL skit making fun of a really bad basketball team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Better be sure there is someone there to spot Haliburton, Leech and Conditt when the ISU team lifts then.

Haliburton and Conditt are good though. Jury is out on Leech. Not sure who your MBB strength coach is but I'm surprised he still has a job after all these years

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Pretty bad video IMO. They started it with the worst and goofiest sprinter on the team and then had the weird Kriener putting up a plate of 45s on each side grimace.
I appreciate and respect your honesty. Sometimes you have to wonder what people are thinking when they post videos like this. For example, the Ames water video. I mean, not many weeks go by where I don't have to listen to some Iowa fan making some stupid comment about that damn water video.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
Haliburton and Conditt are good though. Jury is out on Leech. Not sure who your MBB strength coach is but I'm surprised he still has a job after all these years

Haliburton is really good. The jury is still out on Conditt too, IMO, although you can definitely see he has potential.