MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Kap is also a giant toolbag though not that I disagree with this sentiment

And he loves attention and stirring the pot, doesn't he?

This team can make a run all the way to the big title as is.
A nice spark would help, like a real leadoff hitter, but this team playing hot can go all the way.
Of course, this team playing as it is right now, well, no. That's not happening.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

A nice spark would help, like a real leadoff hitter, but this team playing hot can go all the way.
Of course, this team playing as it is right now, well, no. That's not happening.
He actively roots for **** to stir the pot about

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
He actively roots for **** to stir the pot about

Kap has sweet suits though. He hasn't got the memo yet that Hoiberg has killed the tie industry....he is looking pretty 2009 still. If he got the Restore that is advertised around O'Hare and got rid of the tie, he would be in competition with Jessie Palmer for sexiest-all-spectrum-appeal metro-white-dude television speaker alive.

By shakeup...I think he means get rid of Hu Darvish and just take the write-off and go get another starter....big bucks. We can pass the hat at the next World Series, 5th largest assembly of humans ever celebration parade. The second will be bigger and more celebratory.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Kap has sweet suits though. He hasn't got the memo yet that Hoiberg has killed the tie industry....he is looking pretty 2009 still. If he got the Restore that is advertised around O'Hare and got rid of the tie, he would be in competition with Jessie Palmer for sexiest-all-spectrum-appeal metro-white-dude television speaker alive.

By shakeup...I think he means get rid of Hu Darvish and just take the write-off and go get another starter....big bucks. We can pass the hat at the next World Series, 5th largest assembly of humans ever celebration parade. The second will be bigger and more celebratory.
Another starter doesn't fix the streakiness

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah I don’t think another pitcher is the fix, although LOL saying that after a 18-5 loss. I wish this team had someone that could just get on base consistently. When’s the last time the Cubs had someone hit over .300? I guess Zobrist might have last year but he wasn’t really an every day player

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah I don’t think another pitcher is the fix, although LOL saying that after a 18-5 loss. I wish this team had someone that could just get on base consistently. When’s the last time the Cubs had someone hit over .300? I guess Zobrist might have last year but he wasn’t really an every day player
Zobrist hit exactly 300

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Before that it was Reed Johnson, aramis Ramirez and Castro in 2011

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Zobrist hit exactly 300
I thought so. But he only started 108 games so I don’t really count him. From my quick research, Cubs and Rays are the only two what I would consider “good” teams lacking a .300 hitter. But they make up for it by giving up the least amount of runs in baseball

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I thought so. But he only started 108 games so I don’t really count him. From my quick research, Cubs and Rays are the only two what I would consider “good” teams lacking a .300 hitter. But they make up for it by giving up the least amount of runs in baseball
And hitting 3000 home.runs

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Kaplin is typically an idiot, IMO. I'm not saying we will make a deep run, but they have every piece in place to do so. Get the injuries taken care of and they should be OK.

Kap needs to define "deep run", if its getting at least to the NLCS we've done that 3 out of the last 4 years with the same core players on the roster. This team is built to make a run, they are just playing well below their potential right now.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

We have over a year's worth of evidence showing this team's struggles. Could they? Of course. But they've not shown over the past year that they are nothing more than an above average team.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Sounds like Alzolay is getting sent down but not due to yesterday's start. Due to him having options left and him not making another start before the all star break. And he's pitching in the futures game

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Sounds like Alzolay is getting sent down but not due to yesterday's start. Due to him having options left and him not making another start before the all star break. And he's pitching in the futures game
He'll be back. He can't get away with hanging those fastballs and breaking balls over the heart of the plate in the big leagues. He can muscle his way through AAA batting orders, but in the show that doesn't work.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I kind of like his band.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Walden4Prez

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Seems to be some speculation that Adbert was tipping his pitches yesterday. I will say that he didn't fool anyone.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Seems to be some speculation that Adbert was tipping his pitches yesterday. I will say that he didn't fool anyone.
That's the first thing I thought of after the first two innings last night. You don't go from relatively impressive in two starts to getting smacked around like it's BP if they didn't see him tipping something on film. Makes too much sense given the context.

I think this team needs a shakeup, but I'm not sure where. I don't think it's pitching. The offense needs to be more consistent, but it's not like it's a weak 1-8 (or 1-7, 9 for Joe). If anything, I feel like Joe's message is just getting a bit stale. They aren't playing like a team that thinks "every game matters." I was hoping the bitter pill of last season would wake this team up and help them avoid these swoons. But a team that's one off the NL lead in errors doesn't fill me with confidence that they believe every game matters.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That's the first thing I thought of after the first two innings last night. You don't go from relatively impressive in two starts to getting smacked around like it's BP if they didn't see him tipping something on film. Makes too much sense given the context.

I think this team needs a shakeup, but I'm not sure where. I don't think it's pitching. The offense needs to be more consistent, but it's not like it's a weak 1-8 (or 1-7, 9 for Joe). If anything, I feel like Joe's message is just getting a bit stale. They aren't playing like a team that thinks "every game matters." I was hoping the bitter pill of last season would wake this team up and help them avoid these swoons. But a team that's one off the NL lead in errors doesn't fill me with confidence that they believe every game matters.

In a long season, every game doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron