CRTC Fundraiser - Get on Our Tree - New updated video on July 16th

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The Cyclone Regional Training Center and our ENTIRE program is branching out in so many ways!

To accomplish all of our goals and MORE I am releasing our first real fundraising campaign.

On top of completing a pretty good season on the mat, you probably saw that earlier this month we acquired a brand new 4-plex townhouse in Ames! We have athletes occupying our C-RTC Olympic House now.

It is my wish at this point to bring on board another post-graduate RTC Athlete who will train in Ames and live at the 4-plex.

TO do that AND to address the many areas of our program that are exploding right now, I thought it was time to release a stellar fundraising campaign. Please enjoy this short VIDEO introducing and explaining our 2019 Campaign: The RTC Tree.

Our 2019 goal is $750,000 and as you will see, we already are 30 percent of the way there before we have even formally kicked off this campaign. Check out the perks and gifts we are providing at each giving level to those who help us reach our goal. You can go to our website HERE for more info.

The funds we raise will support all our athletes -- post-graduate competitors, current college athletes, all the way down to qualified high school athletes who live within a 250-mile radius of Ames and train at the C-RTC.

If you are reading this, we want you! Jump on the RTC tree NOW and help us sustain the wrestling progress in Ames, Iowa!

Click HERE to learn more about the RTC TREE!

Thanks for watching!

Coach Dresser

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm surprised at how much freedom Dresser seems to have to do his own fundraising. I would think the fundraising office would want to control it more. He is certainly good at it.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I'm surprised at how much freedom Dresser seems to have to do his own fundraising. I would think the fundraising office would want to control it more. He is certainly good at it.

CRTC is an independent organization. It doesn't have to get input or be controlled by the AD or Foundation.

• Agree
Reactions: Psyclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
CRTC is an independent organization. It doesn't have to get input or be controlled by the AD or Foundation.

"Independent," sort of. Football has its Gridiron Club. Wrestling has this. Does Basketball have its own fundraising organization? I don't think so. Seems odd.

I tried to start a fundraising club for another Olympic sport years ago and got shot down by the Athletic Department. They wanted to keep the fundraising centralized (and gave me the impression that they weren't fond of the legacy fundraising clubs for other sports).

Kudos to Dresser for "owning" his program and pushing it forward.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Fundraising And start of CRTC are a couple things Dresser made clear that he needed to have a successful program. I understand that these were made clear in the interview with Pollard

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
The Cyclone Regional Training Center and our ENTIRE program is branching out in so many ways!

To accomplish all of our goals and MORE I am releasing our first real fundraising campaign.

On top of completing a pretty good season on the mat, you probably saw that earlier this month we acquired a brand new 4-plex townhouse in Ames! We have athletes occupying our C-RTC Olympic House now.

It is my wish at this point to bring on board another post-graduate RTC Athlete who will train in Ames and live at the 4-plex.

TO do that AND to address the many areas of our program that are exploding right now, I thought it was time to release a stellar fundraising campaign. Please enjoy this short VIDEO introducing and explaining our 2019 Campaign: The RTC Tree.

Our 2019 goal is $750,000 and as you will see, we already are 30 percent of the way there before we have even formally kicked off this campaign. Check out the perks and gifts we are providing at each giving level to those who help us reach our goal. You can go to our website HERE for more info.

The funds we raise will support all our athletes -- post-graduate competitors, current college athletes, all the way down to qualified high school athletes who live within a 250-mile radius of Ames and train at the C-RTC.

If you are reading this, we want you! Jump on the RTC tree NOW and help us sustain the wrestling progress in Ames, Iowa!

Click HERE to learn more about the RTC TREE!

Thanks for watching!

Coach Dresser
Hello,
I trying to get into the video but not linking??

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
"Independent," sort of. Football has its Gridiron Club. Wrestling has this. Does Basketball have its own fundraising organization? I don't think so. Seems odd.

I tried to start a fundraising club for another Olympic sport years ago and got shot down by the Athletic Department. They wanted to keep the fundraising centralized (and gave me the impression that they weren't fond of the legacy fundraising clubs for other sports).

The CRTC is not a fundraising entity for the ISU wrestling team. The CRTC is a separate organization that exists for training freestyle and greco wrestlers who are eligible based on USA Wrestling standards.

The Gridiron Club raises money, and it goes directly to ISU football. That's completely different.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The CRTC is not a fundraising entity for the ISU wrestling team. The CRTC is a separate organization that exists for training freestyle and greco wrestlers who are eligible based on USA Wrestling standards.

The Gridiron Club raises money, and it goes directly to ISU football. That's completely different.

Good clarification. Thanks.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
GivingTree_Horizontal_New-1-1024x791.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC