Bed-in-a-box mattresses

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We got a T&N Mint on a black friday deal and we have loved it so far. Very comfortable.

Got a Mint T&N in December. Didn't love it for the first few weeks (much firmer than I was used to) but really enjoy it now. You can literally move around on your side of the bed and not disturb the person next to you. Also first time with a King bed and I don't know why I waited so long...

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
We went from a traditional mattress to a Molecule mattress in October. As a police officer that wears a vest and a duty belt everyday I would wake up every morning in pain with a stiff back, hips and shoulders on the old mattress. With the Molecule I don’t have any aches or pains. Molecule claims to be the coolest sleeping foam mattress as well and I have not had any problems from being to hot.

As far as romantic activities it does have too much give and doesn’t give you the bounce that you might desire.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
In case anyone was on the edge of their seats wondering, I ended up getting Layla. Two biggest reasons were the lifetime warranty that comes with it, and the mattress having a soft side and a firm side (being able to chose by flipping it, nice feature). Overall I'm a fan of it, and would recommend it.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
In case anyone was on the edge of their seats wondering, I ended up getting Layla. Two biggest reasons were the lifetime warranty that comes with it, and the mattress having a soft side and a firm side (being able to chose by flipping it, nice feature). Overall I'm a fan of it, and would recommend it.

Finally, the suspense has been keeping me up late at night.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I recently bought a cool gel memory foam 8 inch roll mattress from Mattress Firm with a Platform from West Elm. No complaints.

Last edited:

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Just today I bought a clearanced Sealy PosturePedic hybrid mattress with an adjustable frame from Mattress Firm. Get it delivered to my new place in a couple weeks... Here's hoping I don't somehow end up hating it (coming off of a basic 10+ year old mattress with a gel cover on top, I think I'll probably be happy).

That being said, I do see room for bed-in-a-box companies to really take hold versus the storefront experience. It's just less work (albeit more risk, in some ways).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I just can’t get any sleep with Layla. Kept me up the whole night I had Layla.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Anyone have any experience with Avocado mattresses? All certified organic. Consumer Reports #1 rated and the pillow top is #3 rated by CR. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
We went mattress shopping at a store about 9 months ago and I couldn't believe how expensive some of the mattresses were. I talked my wife into just buying a Tuft and Needle ONline and we have loved it. I can't imagine I would have liked any of those $2,000-$4,000 mattresses any more. I worried about memory foam becoming permanently "indented" over time, but that doesn't seem to be a problem so far. I was a little afraid it might be too firm for my wife's liking, but she's had no problem with it.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I got a Purple mattress a little over a month ago, and I love it. I got one of the new models with a 3" polymer layer. It took a week or so to adjust to it, so it was pretty rough to start out. I've had a Purple pillow for over a year, but always had to stack blankets under it to get it to a comfortable height on my old mattress. I don't have to do that anymore. I also got a couple sets of the Purple sheets, which are way more comfortable than my old Walmart sheets (and they fit way better, too). Pricey, but worth it. I kind of figure that a mattress is one of those things you don't necessarily want to skimp on.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For me, winkbed ended up being the best option.

There's actually a showroom for a bunch of these online mattress options up in minneapolis if you happen to be up there, run by one of the review sites (sleepsherpa). I did when i bought my winkbed a couple years ago, and it helped me narrow it down.

Also, i can't recommend enough the nest easy breather pillow.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I got a casper after back surgery. I like it a lot - its about 3 years old and its just like new.

Now a huge fan of their pillows though.