2020 Football Targets

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Agreed. What I meant was that we see a ton of offers for certain positions so I kind of expected a lot more DT offers. I would imagine we will try to pull in a HS kid as well as a JUCO transfer. I wouldn't be surprised to see a DE move inside as well.
I think DT is more of a “quality over quantity” issue this year. As in, rather than a lot of offers, they’re putting a lot of energy into the handful they really want.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
No problem and yep they sure do I’m sure most people probably don’t even know that North Dakota is even a school. ND State has probably made them pretty irrelevant

UND is pretty well known and they've won multiple NCAA hockey championships. Great facilities and their ice arena is probably one of the nicest facilities in the country.

500px-Ralph_Engelstadt_Arena_2007.JPG

generic-b38a375133.jpg

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Thank god the cupboard isn’t empty then.
Not empty, but will only have a few guys with very little experience heading into 2020. I'm wondering if maybe we move a DE or two to the inside and bulk them up. Some of these recruits are coming in as true freshmen already weighing 250 or more. And it seems we have plenty of DE depth. Maybe someone like Johnny Wilson or Corey Suttle.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not empty, but will only have a few guys with very little experience heading into 2020. I'm wondering if maybe we move a DE or two to the inside and bulk them up. Some of these recruits are coming in as true freshmen already weighing 250 or more. And it seems we have plenty of DE depth. Maybe someone like Johnny Wilson or Corey Suttle.
They have “very little experience” heading into the 2019 season. There is a whole year for Jon Heacock and Eli Rasheed to rectify that situation.

Considering not only their own track record, but the fact that they both work for Matt Campbell, I’ll trust the Process.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
They have “very little experience” heading into the 2019 season. There is a whole year for Jon Heacock and Eli Rasheed to rectify that situation.

Considering not only their own track record, but the fact that they both work for Matt Campbell, I’ll trust the Process.
I trust the process as well, I'm just curious as to what the game plan is at this particular position. We are stacked this year with Lima and Johnson getting a lot of the reps and Uwaruzike and Leo can both play inside if needed. Any PT we can get for a guy like Isaiah Lee would be valuable for 2020 and beyond.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I trust the process as well, I'm just curious as to what the game plan is at this particular position. We are stacked this year with Lima and Johnson getting a lot of the reps and Uwaruzike and Leo can both play inside if needed. Any PT we can get for a guy like Isaiah Lee would be valuable for 2020 and beyond.
I’ll be honest. I’m expecting some blowouts where guys like Lee and Josh Bailey get plenty of opportunity to play. Fingers crossed.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if Heacock decided to switch things up on certain teams, and spend more time in a four man front. Just for the shock value.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I’ll be honest. I’m expecting some blowouts where guys like Lee and Josh Bailey get plenty of opportunity to play. Fingers crossed.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if Heacock decided to switch things up on certain teams, and spend more time in a four man front. Just for the shock value.
Not just for shock value, but also because you want your best players out there and Lima, Jamahl, JaQuan and Uwaruzike are four of the best players on the team. I think we will see plenty of four man fronts, especially against running teams. I wanna see it a lot against Iowa. Make Heisman candidate Nate Stanley beat us through the air.

Reactions: Aclone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Wilfong with the Gunnerson CB to Nebraska. Alex goes to 'foggy'. **** me.