Saturday, July 13, 2019

B/R Live (Free - I think)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
After last night I saw opening segment and resulting match coming a mile away. And sadly it's going to result in Becky and Seth both losing their titles because Vince is ****ing stupid.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
After last night I saw opening segment and resulting match coming a mile away. And sadly it's going to result in Becky and Seth both losing their titles because Vince is ****ing stupid.

I want to say he's stupid, but not that stupid, especially with AEW coming online shortly, but sadly, it's hard to tell these days whether his is that stupid or not.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
One thing I never thought I’d see: Dana Brooke getting over with a main roster audience (sans Titus Worldwide gimmick). I always thought she had potential at NXT, but, as a blonde bodybuilder, Vince called her up and immediately showed she wasn’t ready.

I guess all it took was the on camera “can do” attitude and Sarah Logan bloodying her face up on a Main Event taping.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I knew in my head SmackDown was going to be for the most part unwatchable tonight. And yet...

giphy.gif

Nikki Cross-Bayley was good, R-Truth killed his segment as usual. Sonya Deville-Ember Moon might have been better if it got more than 5 minutes. Everything else? Retreads of the same old stories from either Sunday or Monday. Oh - and Shane took up a quarter of the programming again.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Filed under the “this will make things better because we’re already at the threshold of hell” category, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff have been named Executive Directors (including over creative) of Raw and SmackDown, respectively.

In other news, it may have taken almost 20 years, but ECW and WCW have finally won the Monday Night Wars.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Filed under the “this will make things better because we’re already at the threshold of hell” category, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff have been named Executive Directors (including over creative) of Raw and SmackDown, respectively.

In other news, it may have taken almost 20 years, but ECW and WCW have finally won the Monday Night Wars.

So is WWE headed back to TV-14? Because Heyman and Bischiff are neutered without that kind of storyline and content.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I totally forgot about Fyter Fest being last night. Watched the replay on BR Live. Holy ****. The four way to face Jericho was insane.

Then Cody vs Darby Allin, never heard of Allin but love the character and the back slide dive from top rope, wow. That match ended in a draw but after Shawn Spears (formerly Tye Dillinger) swings one of the nastiest chair shots I seen hitting Cody in the head without any protection from Cody being able to get hands up.

Main event Moxley vs Joey Janela which featured barbed wire and thumbtacks. Moxley gets win but afterward Omega gets some revenge from all in and show ends with Moxley smiling after everything Omega did to him.

And this wasn't even the whole card. AEW is something special.

Last edited:

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
I totally forgot about Fyter Fest being last night. Watched the replay on BR Live. Holy ****. The four way to face Jericho was insane.

Then Cody vs Darby Allin, never heard of Allin but love the character and the back slide dive from top rope, wow. That match ended in a draw but after Shawn Spears (formerly Tye Dillinger) swings one of the nastiest chair shots I seen hitting Cody in the head without any protection from Cody being able to get hands up.

Main event Moxley vs Joey Janela which featured barbed wire and thumbtacks. Moxley gets win but afterward Omega gets some revenge from all in and show ends with Moxley smiling after everything Omega did to him.

And this was even the whole card. AEW is something special.
It was a decent show I thought the 6 man tag was the match of the night but i need more time before i say that it is gonna turn into something special

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Saw a comment online “Maybe the crowd will boo AJ [Styles] this time” following his heel turn. Perhaps. And perhaps WWE won’t have him say “Beat up John Cena” every segment this time, which was a big source of his cheers 3 years ago.

BTW, loved his heel turn. Hopefully this also means we’re in store for a Gallows and Anderson credibility push.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
After giving some time to think about it and realizing Paul Heyman’s fingerprints were all over this episode (which is why it appears to have been so decent last night), I’m going to roll back my comments on the Mike and Maria segment. If that was the creative work of Paul and Maria (of whom Paul has credited her time again for her creative mind for the business), then I’m going to give them the opportunity to sell me on it. Not to mention Maria has the acting chops to pull this off. If this was Vince, though, then this is already dead.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Give Impact some credit - they can’t get Tessa Blanchard to be an underdog babyface against Impact’s Knockout’s division (think Charlotte Flair a year ago). So what do they do? They have her feud with..... Sami Callahan. After a feud in which she basically buried Disco Inferno.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It was a crazy Tuesday I was getting back from vacation and then I had to go pickup my new bed and I totally forgot about Smackdown and of course some good things happened. Just saw the Owens pipebomb to open the show - ****ing awesome. Owens Shane could be the new SC Vince.