Office decor

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
I've been waiting for the base all cardinal (both shell and facemask) version to come out in mass quantity. Have only seen with the gray facemask of a few years ago and many seem to have a really deep maroon color that doesn't match the logo very well. Have looked at the custom route, but don't want to spend over twice the amount of the standard ones for basically the same product.

• Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm assuming that this is the second thing you did...

LG1.gif

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Awww...remembering the good old days when we still had our own desks/offices at work.

Like many, we no longer have assigned desks in our office since most work from home at least a couple days a week. Big cost saver for my employer. Thought I wouldn't like it, but really nice. Everything stays clean and a lot less clutter.

Also, not stuck sitting by someone you may not appreciate (e.g.....loud, talks too much, dirty desk, etc.) Nice to sit in different places for change of pace from day-to-day (although some people tend to always gravitate to the same desk each day).

Sorry for the tangent. Just reminded me of my Cyclone gear that is now put away that used to sit out at my desk.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Awww...remembering the good old days when we still had our own desks/offices at work.

Like many, we no longer have assigned desks in our office since most work from home at least a couple days a week. Big cost saver for my employer. Thought I wouldn't like it, but really nice. Everything stays clean and a lot less clutter.

Also, not stuck sitting by someone you may not appreciate (e.g.....loud, talks too much, dirty desk, etc.) Nice to sit in different places for change of pace from day-to-day (although some people tend to always gravitate to the same desk each day).

Sorry for the tangent. Just reminded me of my Cyclone gear that is now put away that used to sit out at my desk.
https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/...e-now-dumbest-management-fad-of-all-time.html

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Is that form the 93 floods? I have a piece from that floor at home that Johnny signed as well. I think it's like section C-5 or something. No paint on it though, just the natural wood.

Yep. This must be from inside the lane (or baseline)? It's somewhere in the middle of the court though, as the cracked away part is the spline where the floor is laid both directions.

Reactions: Angie

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That is nice....although I wasn't referring to open air offices without any dividers between desk (as the pic in the article shows) . Two different concepts (although some places do both).
I think the point being made is having a large office with no defined homes for employees is probably what leads to people using email and the like rather than hunting down a co-worker to talk over a project. If you don't know where to drop in on someone and instead have to find them, you probably aren't going to bother trying.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I think the point being made is having a large office with no defined homes for employees is probably what leads to people using email and the like rather than hunting down a co-worker to talk over a project. If you don't know where to drop in on someone and instead have to find them, you probably aren't going to bother trying.

I can't speak for any other office but my own. We still generally sit by floor and even area of the floor, designated for our teams. So for the most part, the people we need to collaborate with are nearby....just not in the same desk everyday.

I'm also not a fan of the constant "drop-ins". You lose control of your day. I always appreciate if someone needs me when they shoot me an IM, call, or email and ask when I'm available. That is much more productive in the end from my experience and that is what I find most people doing now days.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com

I use emails constantly, even with people just down the hall, because I want a record of the conversations (helps with the "you never told me/asked me that").

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I use emails constantly, even with people just down the hall, because I want a record of the conversations (helps with the "you never told me/asked me that").

Yep. I want a paper trail for everything, for better or worse. And I'll usually follow up face to face conversations with a quick email about what was discussed just to have it somewhere on record.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yep. I want a paper trail for everything, for better or worse. And I'll usually follow up face to face conversations with a quick email about what was discussed just to have it somewhere on record.

Yeah, I alternate. Request by email, ask in person, followup email and so on. It's a lower pressure way to hound someone, with a paper trail.

• Agree
Reactions: clone2003