JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Six to Midnight.

I've also come to the conclusion that Matt Campbell reminds me a lot of a young Bobby Bowden.

• Funny
Reactions: throwittoblythe

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Does anyone else find it stupid that you have to pay for the same ****** sports writers that we got for free a year ago just because they all joined forces?
I truly do feel the writing/journalism at The Athletic is better than what any other publication/site is putting out currently. Well worth the (cheap) price I paid imo

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I truly do feel the writing/journalism at The Athletic is better than what any other publication/site is putting out currently. Well worth the (cheap) price I paid imo
I pay $36 for a year. That's the price of a 2-3 good kindle books. Pretty fair IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Guys, it's okay to share Netflix login credentials, talk about plots on subscription-channels like HBO, and link to copyrighted music on youtube. But don't you dare copy and paste from a pay-article to CF.
I think people are a little weary with the staff here probably having journalism degrees?
I dunno, just trying to figure out how much I can share from there too.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I also listen to Stew and Bruce's podcast religiously and they reference the Athletic a lot. I feel like paying for the Athletic kind of goes hand in hand with the podcast some times.
On the podcast they discuss CMC being a listener frequently.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
The Athletic has been worth the subscription to me. Good in-depth articles on the teams I follow and I've enjoyed their fantasy sports breakdowns and recommendations as well.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Guys, it's okay to share Netflix login credentials, talk about plots on subscription-channels like HBO, and link to copyrighted music on youtube. But don't you dare copy and paste from a pay-article to CF.

I don't mind sharing little tidbits and excerpts.

"The path to contending for a Big 12 title is pretty clear. If the Cyclones can get on a roll early on and win a few close calls and find a way to start 6-2 or better, those November games at Oklahoma and against Texas become huge showdowns. Winning one of those two games would put them in great shape to play in Dallas in December. If all the pieces come together, Purdy stays healthy and they continue to play stingy defense, those big feats are possible."

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I noticed the small heap of praise for our OL, primarily based on experience. Is this finally the year where we can say "yeah, our OL was pretty good!" (or was that last year and I just missed it???). It's just seemed for so long now that our OL has been the limiting factor of our team.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I noticed the small heap of praise for our OL, primarily based on experience. Is this finally the year where we can say "yeah, our OL was pretty good!" (or was that last year and I just missed it???). It's just seemed for so long now that our OL has been the limiting factor of our team.
I'm cautiously optimistic that, with the return of Coach Manning, and returning all five starters, the OL was be a strength this season.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Between the returning experience and the young talent pushing for playing time I will be 100% shocked if our o-line doesn't take a big step forward this year. This will be CMC's first season where he shouldn't have guys playing out of position because we needed to fill holes. The last few years the line has improved throughput the season but this year they should be better right out of the gate.