Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

For any Chris Hemsworth fans like myself, this video of him with James Corden competing to be the best high-end waiter is straight-up hilarious. Anymore, Hemsworth and Thor's personalities are pretty much converging into one and I couldn't love it more. The dude is hilarious.

Hemsworth is great, if I was Bobby De Niro I'd be telling him, "You have a gift, my friend".

To think, he was on the verge of giving up 10 years ago.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm convinced of what "the spoiler" is and it's the reason this is the last film in this story arc.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I love Rush, my point though is that made 26 million in the US. Dark Phoenix, which is considered a disaster, made 33 million in the first weekend.
It made about 100 mil overall against a budget of 38 so it was a success. The fact that a movie about a subject matter that really only should appeal to Europeans made 26 mil in the US is pretty amazing.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
New season of legion started tonight and as expected, trippy goodness. Looks like a in season ahead

I'm still debating whether I'll be watching S3 at all. Season 1 was a bit too trippy for me in the first place, even though there was at least still enough to like, but then S2 pretty much doubled-down on the trippiness to the point where there was very little left for me to like. It finally hit that tipping point of turning painful to watch. So, with S3, I don't know. Part of me wants to finish this thing out since I started it and there is only one left, part of me just doesn't. For now, I'll put it on the back-burner and see how well I'm keeping up with everything else. Right now, I'm falling pretty far behind, especially since I've been burning through the whole latest round of Arrowverse shows on Netflix (1/3 of way through). Here is my to-do list after that:

-Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
-Star Trek Discovery (Season 2)
-Jessica Jones (Season 3)
-Black Lightning (Season 2)
-Legion (Season 3)
-Teen Titans (Season 1)
-Doom Patrol (Season 1)
-Swamp Things (Season 1) - soon
-Stranger Things (Season 3) - soon
-Agents of Shield (Season 6) - soon
-Walking Dead (Season 9) - soon

That is an awful lot to catch up on.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Finally watched Venom.
I'm not going to lie, I thought it was great. I really hope Venom becomes part of the MCU.

It has definitely turned into a guilty pleasure of mine. I still fully recognize it really isn't a good movie at its core, but its fun enough that I've learned to just turn my brain off on a lot of that stuff. Definitely one I've changed my tune on a decent amount.

• Agree
Reactions: Carlisle Clone

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
It has definitely turned into a guilty pleasure of mine. I still fully recognize it really isn't a good movie at its core, but its fun enough that I've learned to just turn my brain off on a lot of that stuff. Definitely one I've changed my tune on a decent amount.

Whats the definition of a good movie? I think it checks the important boxes.

And the interaction between Eddie and Venom is hilarious.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'm still debating whether I'll be watching S3 at all. Season 1 was a bit too trippy for me in the first place, even though there was at least still enough to like, but then S2 pretty much doubled-down on the trippiness to the point where there was very little left for me to like. It finally hit that tipping point of turning painful to watch. So, with S3, I don't know. Part of me wants to finish this thing out since I started it and there is only one left, part of me just doesn't. For now, I'll put it on the back-burner and see how well I'm keeping up with everything else. Right now, I'm falling pretty far behind, especially since I've been burning through the whole latest round of Arrowverse shows on Netflix (1/3 of way through). Here is my to-do list after that:

-Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
-Star Trek Discovery (Season 2)
-Jessica Jones (Season 3)
-Black Lightning (Season 2)
-Legion (Season 3)
-Teen Titans (Season 1)
-Doom Patrol (Season 1)
-Swamp Things (Season 1) - soon
-Stranger Things (Season 3) - soon
-Agents of Shield (Season 6) - soon
-Walking Dead (Season 9) - soon

That is an awful lot to catch up on.
That’s fair, I’ll let you know how it goes. It was trippy but far less of the annoying trippy of previous seasons and easier to follow in this episode but I know what you mean.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Whats the definition of a good movie? I think it checks the important boxes.

And the interaction between Eddie and Venom is hilarious.

Some of the biggest flaws would be stuff like monstrous plot holes, a terrible one-note cheesy villain, and completely wasting Michelle Williams in her role. If it came out in the 90s or early 200s and was compared there, it would probably be about on par. However, when compared to movies like Endgame, Civil War or even movies like Shazam, it can't help but feel like we are stepping back in time and quality. These are just my thoughts. Everyone is free to like what they like and like I said, I've grown to enjoy this movie myself for what it is. And yes, the interaction between Venom and Eddie is probably the most endearing part of the movie and why I'm growing to like the movie. I even like it enough to look forward to the next.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone know if these will have the extra stuff they added for the rerelease?
Not sure. There will be six deleted scenes so MAYBE one or more scenes are part of the re-release, but it doesn’t appear that there will be two versions in this home release.

Here’s what is in the release:

BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):

Digital Exclusive:

Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”

Blu-ray & Digital:

Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.

Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.

A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.

Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.

The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history ... back-to-back!

The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.

Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.

Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”

Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.

Visionary Intro - Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.

Audio Commentary - Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/somehow-avengers-endgame-has-even-more-footage-to-tem-1835871610

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm super stoked for Spider-Man: Far From Home, especially seeing the super good reviews and even more so knowing that I'll actually be bringing my wife with me to this one. I've said before on here, but its a little rough trying to get her to go to superhero movies with me, so I stick to only trying to get her to go to ones that I'm pretty sure she will like. While she hasn't seen all of them, whether at theater or at home, she seems to like the first couple Captain America films (didn't like Civil War as much), Iron Man 1, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and both the Ant-Man movies best. It seems that any time the character count goes up of characters she doesn't know who they are, the more she loses, especially if they are somewhat confusing over-powered characters. In fact, I've yet to get her to watch an Avengers movie yet, and in general, she like the fun movies most, with the exception of simply really loving the character of Captain America. Oh yeah, the shorter the better too, which makes the team-up movies that much harder to get her to watch beings how they are usually longer. After the Batman vs Superman debacle of bringing her to that, I now really try to cherry-pick my efforts with her, knowing I'm likely one goof away from her saying no to all of them.

Does anyone else have a spouse or girlfriend they tango a dance with similar to myself? I'd love to hear your tactical moves as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CloniesForLife