MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out and they can't manufacture a run. ****.

They have done this 4 score times this year. Arod prattling about walking Caratini obviously hasn't seen Caratini bat much. Almora's lead was not good....I don't know, maybe he thought the LA catcher would throw behind him with Caratini batting lefty I think.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Caratini obviously has to do a better job but for once I actually agree with A-Rod. If Almora isn't standing flat footed on the swing of the bat I think he sneaks in and scores. Got caught watching the game, IMO

• Agree
Reactions: cycart

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Honestly 2-5 against those teams on the road isn't horrible. Both were on long home winning streaks prior to the Cubs coming in.

I wanted at least 3 to call it a successful trip, but I'm not losing any sleep over 2. Finished the season series with both, and still only 1 game out of first place.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Strop is not the answer....I don't get paid anything by Ricketts and I know more than Maddon or Epstein on that one.