Iowa Football Recruiting

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m confused, these hawks are saying his rank is meaningless but earlier said that it was an important deal that the hawks had a higher class rank than ISU.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think my favorite thing about the djk thing was he passed every drug test Iowa did, but immediately failed one the police gave him when they arrested him. Crazy that he waited until Judy before his last game to try a whole bulk bin of drugs. Again, impressive the police targeted the roommate for awhile, but the most powerful man in the state had no idea where he lived, again. You guys either think Kirk is the kid playing banjo on the porch in deliverance stupid, or you’re ok with it. Which is it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/2010/12/08/johnson-koulianos-arrested-for-drug-possession?template=amphtml

Now wait a second here. You don’t know if that kid on the porch was stupid. I think you are profiling here. :)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, because making fun of a young kid being recruited by Iowa when we have absolutely no idea how good he may end up being is really cool.

Be honest, if this kid just committed to CMC, we'd all be saying that we trust the coaches and he's probably a diamond in the rough.

It's just stupid judging these recruits. This kid may well blow up in the next year.

Thinker went on this rant about how Iowa is recruiting better at the WR position when in fact they're not. I'm not making fun of that recruit at all and the Milton comparison was terrible because he was pretty highly sought after

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Thinker went on this rant about how Iowa is recruiting better at the WR position when in fact they're not. I'm not making fun of that recruit at all and the Milton comparison was terrible because he was pretty highly sought after
FWIW, here are the projected starters for Iowa and Iowa State next year, their recruiting profiles, and then the best offer they had besides the school they chose.

Iowa - Smith (.8448, 3 star, Memphis) Smith-Marsette (.8208, 3 star, Minnesota) Tracy (.8680, 3 star, Northwestern) Ragaini (.8389, 3 star, Boston College / Army)

Iowa State - Jones (.8577, 3 star, Wisconsin) Milton (.7933, 3 star, Michigan State) Shaw Jr. (.8755, 3 star, SMU) Scates (.9069, 4 star, Alabama) Pettway (.8616, 3 star, Alabama)

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
FWIW, here are the projected starters for Iowa and Iowa State next year, their recruiting profiles, and then the best offer they had besides the school they chose.

Iowa - Smith (.8448, 3 star, Memphis) Smith-Marsette (.8208, 3 star, Minnesota) Tracy (.8680, 3 star, Northwestern) Ragaini (.8389, 3 star, Boston College / Army)

Iowa State - Jones (.8577, 3 star, Wisconsin) Milton (.7933, 3 star, Michigan State) Shaw Jr. (.8755, 3 star, SMU) Scates (.9069, 4 star, Alabama) Pettway (.8616, 3 star, Alabama)

.8431 for Iowa
.8590 for ISU

for a grand difference of .0159..... such a huge difference there.

I like how you added in the transfer and decided to limit it so only your transfer wr fit the narrative. Creative thinking there.

But if you look at the data, clearly Scates is an outlier if there ever was one. And really the only offer that was out of this world better than the others.

Also, if a majority of fans are saying that Martin HS offers do not count, then why does Pettway offers count?