Cam Lard Going Pro, Signing with Agent

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He worked out for Washington. My point was Cam is not playing in the NBA next year. Maybe in like 5 years once he developes a game. However, he has no real game right now. He is athletic and tall.
again.. okay? I posted it to update people on what is going on with Cam in his post-cyclone life. Even if you do feel that way, not sure why you had to state it in such a haughty way

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So is Tyler Cook. So yeah I guess you are right. I assume they will both be in the league next season since the is the criteria apparently. I though basketball skill was usefull.

Did Tyler Cook have much more of a game outside of shoving his way to the basket/rebounds and putbacks?

Cam actually showed some flashes of having nice shooting touch and a decent jumper.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Absolutely.

Skill wise he might also be someone who thrives more in space.

I think some guys sit up a little straighter when there is real money on the table in front of them, too, besides even the differences in style of play between the NCAA and NBA.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Did Tyler Cook have much more of a game outside of shoving his way to the basket/rebounds and putbacks?

Cam actually showed some flashes of having nice shooting touch and a decent jumper.

I missed that part of his game for sure. I thought he was basically a carbon copy of cook except Cook actually had some better moves in the paint. BTW I don't think either is living in the United States next year. I don't think either are even G League players.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I missed that part of his game for sure. I thought he was basically a carbon copy of cook except Cook actually had some better moves in the paint. BTW I don't think either is living in the United States next year. I don't think either are even G League players.
I will take that bet. And to add to @madguy30 's points, Cam was a far more competent defender (almost a defensive stopper at points) than Cook was. I thought Cooks offensive game was more developed/polished than Cam's fwiw, but Cam showed flashes and rim running that will make him intriguing enough for a team to bring him into their farm system.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Athletic and tall...yeah the NBA is no place for that.
Lard isnt tall at all by NBA standards. He's a very generous 6'9".

Lard was a great effort guy but he got confused when assignments got complicated, resulting in him getting put into foul trouble by more advanced offenses. He has a lot of work to do to be a professional player. I hope it works for him since he gave up on his fall back plan of a college degree.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

Lard was a great effort guy but he got confused when assignments got complicated, resulting in him getting put into foul trouble by more advanced offenses. He has a lot of work to do to be a professional player. I hope it works for him since he gave up on his fall back plan of a college degree.
I'm sorry, but there are only a handful of "advanced offenses" in today's NBA.

• Dislike
Reactions: Psiclone

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
So is Tyler Cook. So yeah I guess you are right. I assume they will both be in the league next season since the is the criteria apparently. I though basketball skill was usefull.
Cam has pretty good passing skills too. He also has really good body control and touch around the basket. His ability to run the floor would also be beneficial in the NBA. I think he's way more skilled than you give him credit for.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Cam has pretty good passing skills too. He also has really good body control and touch around the basket. His ability to run the floor would also be beneficial in the NBA. I think he's way more skilled than you give him credit for.

Yeah, he’s like the guy you draft in NBA2k who is a 65 rating and unplayable but he has some really good skills to work with and could turn into an average NBA player rather than the guy who is a 72 and doesn’t really have a chance to have an above average NBA skill

Reactions: srjclone

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Athletic and tall...yeah the NBA is no place for that.

Yeah but you have to play either great defense or great offense. Cam cannot do either. He relied on athleticism in college, but everyone will be his equal or more in the NBA. Cam will make a great salary playing in Europe or Asia.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Guessing there are a 100 + guys that fit that bill and most of those guys weren't suspended multiple times for multiple offenses.

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Cam said his fall back plan is a college degree?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

I don't think Tyler did personally. Aaron White didn't either. He would just try and drive thru someone and get a call.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Cam's dream scenario is to turn into a Pascal Siakam type of player. But I wouldn't place any money on that. I think he'll do well in Europe IF he can keep his head on straight.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Cam's dream scenario is to turn into a Pascal Siakam type of player. But I wouldn't place any money on that. I think he'll do well in Europe IF he can keep his head on straight.
I think his goal should be more like Clint Capela. He'll never have the ball handling or shooting skills of Siakam. He is close to Capela's size too.

• Winner
Reactions: Pat