Iowa Football Recruiting

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I think taking over a program that had been pulling in classes in the 60s and 70s and getting the most recent class in the 40s is a sign of tremendous progress. Not to mention, that was done without the benefit of a legacy or local guy that was rated highly like a Lazard or Campos.
It's early, but there are signs that the staff has an eye for underrated guys like Rose.

Getting the wins the past two seasons, including all of those vs. top 10 teams with those previous classes suggests he's getting a lot out of the talent he has, all while being in only his 3rd year of power conference coaching. No guarantees, but there is clearly momentum for ISU football.

During this time frame, Iowa has done the same things if not more of them than ISU is all I am saying, so I am not seeing the momentum and hype. Attention yes, and it is deserved, but that is not hype that is respect. And I respect the hell out of ISU and Campbell right now.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I accounted for the time that Campbell has been in Iowa State. Comparing it to the increased recruiting at Iowa during that same time frame. No need to include the realignment that happened in 2014.

Did you account for the fact Campbell is going in to year 4 and kurt has been at iowa for 28 years? The gap shouldn't be that close.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I accounted for the time that Campbell has been in Iowa State. Comparing it to the increased recruiting at Iowa during that same time frame. No need to include the realignment that happened in 2014.
So you are comparing Campbell's 1-3 years vs Kirk's 18-20 years?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So you are comparing Campbell's 1-3 years vs Kirk's 18-20 years?

Why would I do that? IS it not a better comparison to compare the same years as rivals with each other going after the same recruits and classes?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Everyone that posts in a forum religiously is weird, just saying.
Not really. I'd say Iowa fans posting here under countless usernames are weird.
You've also been posting a lot of useless filler this whole week.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Not really. I'd say Iowa fans posting here under countless usernames are weird.
You've also been posting a lot of useless filler this whole week.
What kind of person would use countless usernames? And that filler is opinion. much like the who aspect of this forum is.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Who was the hawk poster that guaranteed ISU would not be in the top 50 for recruiting classes this year?
Not sure? cytwins will look it up for you. If it was me, I have no memory of it, but I do not think it was me.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Not sure? cytwins will look it up for you. If it was me, I have no memory of it, but I do not think it was me.
No it wasn't you. I believe it was YeahBuddy or iahawks or someone. I was just more asking the question in general because those recruiting class rankings reminded me of it lol

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
S
No it wasn't you. I believe it was YeahBuddy or iahawks or someone. I was just more asking the question in general because those recruiting class rankings reminded me of it lol
Some people here think I am one of those guys, but no dice guys. I am a one and only.