Isaiah Moss Transferring

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Moss shoots 42% from 3 again next year then he will have performed the role requested of him.

And with the addition of Dok, DeSousa, Moss and the recruiting class, KU will be competing for the Big 12 title and be a serious contender for another trip to the Final Four.
I really really wish you had watched Moss play a variety of games instead of looking at his stat line. He was incredibly inconsistent. The reason his numbers didn't show that as much was because he wasn't selfish. When he'd miss 3 shots in a row, he'd shut down and usually wouldn't see the floor anymore, which happened constantly.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I really really wish you had watched Moss play a variety of games instead of looking at his stat line. He was incredibly inconsistent. The reason his numbers didn't show that as much was because he wasn't selfish. When he'd miss 3 shots in a row, he'd shut down and usually wouldn't see the floor anymore, which happened constantly.

Honestly, I think Fran drove some of his inconsistencies. Fran has a history of not letting his guys play through a tough shooting night. I think Moss will be a great fit at KU and Self knows how to pull the levers to get the best out of his guys.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Honestly, I think Fran drove some of his inconsistencies. Fran has a history of not letting his guys play through a tough shooting night. I think Moss will be a great fit at KU and Self knows how to pull the levers to get the best out of his guys.
I guess so. We'll have to wait and see if it was a problem with the school he was at / prior coach, or if indeed is himself.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If Moss shoots 42% from 3 again next year then he will have performed the role requested of him.

And with the addition of Dok, DeSousa, Moss and the recruiting class, KU will be competing for the Big 12 title and be a serious contender for another trip to the Final Four.

Shooting 42% isn't as important as when he is a threat from 3.
Iowans who watched Moss during his hawkeye career know he will shoot well against lesser competition and low pressure situations but, was on the bench in multiple end of games and high leverage situations.

Needing him for your assumed B12 title and final four run is problematic. Not to mention playing games in the Phog with a fan base that cares on national TV rather than in IC with half full crowd on the Big 10 network could be an issue by itself.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Also, derpth.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My biz partner is a big Hawk fan (though not overly delusional). His take on Moss is he is super streaky and inconsistent, as mentioned above. He will make 13 in a row, then miss 13 in a row.

It's ENTIRELY possible some of that inconsistency could be the result of poor coaching - either the physical or the mental aspect i.e. raging Fran in your head.

Guess we will find out. If KU just wants a threat from 3, Moss will fit the bill, but not to their usual standards and expectations. Maybe a poor man's Svi or Vick. Might be enough to open up Dok a bit, and that's something in itself.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You're in for a rude awakening

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Shooting 42% isn't as important as when he is a threat from 3.
Iowans who watched Moss during his hawkeye career know he will shoot well against lesser competition and low pressure situations but, was on the bench in multiple end of games and high leverage situations.

Needing him for your assumed B12 title and final four run is problematic. Not to mention playing games in the Phog with a fan base that cares on national TV rather than in IC with half full crowd on the Big 10 network could be an issue by itself.
He shot a higher 3pt fg% in conference games than in non-con.

He shot 4-8 from 3 in the NCAA tourney. His most challenging game was at Michigan State and he shot 2-3 from 3 that game. He shot 4-5 from 3 against a good Iowa State tourney team. He shot 3-5 from 3 vs. Tennessee. He shot 6-10 from 3 at tourney team Minnesota.

Michigan shut him down good but they shut down everyone.

I think in a full season with a good coach in a good offense with a monster low post advantage and Moss will see more open threes that he ever did at Iowa.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Different coach, different teammates, different system, different point in his own career.

We'll see.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Backing your Moss impact point is Rob Dauster.

@RobDauster Updated the preseason top 25 due to some recent developments. I didn't move Kansas at all with Isaiah Moss committing. His shooting helps, but I still think their biggest issue is figuring out what to do that the four.
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/06/10/college-basketball-2019-2020-preseason-top-25/

I can see KU fans seeing the raw numbers Moss put up being a big impact for them but from those of us in Iowa who have seen his streaky play and weaknesses don't feel it real is that big of an improvement. It definitely fills a need Self had after losing out on Hampton and they should be happy getting him just not a game changer.
I think if he is on the floor more he won’t lose the flow of game and disappear. Fran misused him.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Well, if the past is so irrelevant, guess you've got nothing in KU's history to celebrate.

Come on. Don't give me that. You've got a shrine to Super Mario Chalmers somewhere.
Fran makes Fran look like an idiot. Fran makes Barta look like he needs a soft helmet and a caretaker.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
He'll get better coaching at KU for one.

For two, most players are inconsistent. I've compared him to Svi multiple times. Svi was inconsistent at times. I don't think Self has any delusions about how good Moss is. He's not great. But he can probably fill that Svi junior year production and that was a dang good KU team.
Furthermore; if the coaching/development is as bad as I think it is one year in a program that actually has coaching may be just what the doctor ordered. I don’t think he becomes an nba draft pick, but if he works his ass off he just may become a legit euro player.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I can’t stop laughing at the Evelyn and Frederick hype.

They are in for a rude awakening lol
Speaking of hype...what’s this guy up to?
4847881.jpg