Iowa Football Recruiting

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I believe Campbell is a great coach, but you do realize Iowa has a better history of sending players to the pros? So what makes you believe a player would choose Campbell over Ferentz. Ferentz has a longer resume and more respect nationally. Campbell really has not proved anything to this point. He has work to do in order to be on Ferentz's level. Iowa State has work to do in order to be on Iowa's level as a football program. I like that Iowa State is trending in the right direction (it makes the game between Iowa and Iowa State relevant), but one season of going 8-5 is not anything to brag about.
Hey **** that’s two seasons of 8-5.

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I believe Campbell is a great coach, but you do realize Iowa has a better history of sending players to the pros? So what makes you believe a player would choose Campbell over Ferentz. Ferentz has a longer resume and more respect nationally. Campbell really has not proved anything to this point. He has work to do in order to be on Ferentz's level. Iowa State has work to do in order to be on Iowa's level as a football program. I like that Iowa State is trending in the right direction (it makes the game between Iowa and Iowa State relevant), but two seasons of going 8-5 is not anything to brag about.

Ferentz has more respect nationally? I think every national publication ranked CMC as a better coach than him going into this year. I could think of a thousand reasons why a player would choose a great coach like Campbell over Ferentz

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ferentz has more respect nationally? I think every national publication ranked CMC as a better coach than him going into this year. I could think of a thousand reasons why a player would choose a great coach like Campbell over Ferentz

I want to hear all 1,000 different reasons.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
@Hawkmi I know you had mentioned Iowa is owed a waiver for the whole Ott thing but can you remind me why? For some reason I remember it as being pretty cut and dry but I could be wrong. FWIW I'm not trolling and I'd be thrilled if Bolton and Martin got waivers

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Whoa...out recruiting a national champion coach for a recruit. Awesome!
I gotta hand it to you. You come up with some pretty awesome spin sometimes. That said I don't dismiss the notion that a kid has potential if Iowa recruits him on either side of the line.